I know I am late. What can I say? But here are some of the thoughts I had on Mother's Day.
Little Man
This day I am mindful of your absence. But eternally grateful that you exist. It is because of you that I received the name Mother. It is because of you that I learned real sacrifice. Nursing was so hard at first, but you loved it, so I wouldn't quite. That was my first taste of sacrifice. You never did love sleeping either. (But maybe you knew your time here would be short, and who want's to waste time sleeping when there is so much to do and accomplish?) More sacrifice. But YOU made me a MOTHER. Words can not describe how grateful I am to hold this calling. Difficult and heartbreaking it can be at times, but beyond worth it. How can some one so small as you teach me so much? And I am even more grateful to say that I am YOUR mother. Oh, how I love you. I love your smile, your cute teeth, your blond hair and blue eyes, your squeal, your cry. I love everything about you. I feel indebted to you. That you chose me to hold you in this life. You chose me despite my faults, to be your mother. Thank you. Thank you my lovely little boy. My precious GaviBear. Thank you for making me a MOTHER.
Eternally Yours
Mama
10 comments:
No one ever loves you as much as your mother does. She puts up with so much and still loves you. If you treated a spouse like you treat your mother they would walk out the door. No one can understand that level of love until you are a mother.
You are such a cute mama. I enjoy reading your thoughts. Being a mother is amazing!!
You're such a wonderful mother, Gavin has such a bond with you. He loves his mommy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Michelle,
I just read Stephanie and Camille's blog about her natural birth experience. I cried the whole time, and I get it now. I understand why that would be something you would want to do. If you decided to go that route, I know you can do it and I fully support you!
Love this post. Happy Mothers Day Sweet Shell.
Well, now I'm bawling. What a precious message to Gavin. Motherhood is indeed a partnership with Heavenly Father and a sacred calling. Gavin is blessed with the best mommy and you are blessed with a perfect son. And I am blessed to have the best mommy for my grandchildren. Love, Mom Larsen
I don't remember you being as naughty as you seem to remember yourself being.
I thought about you a lot on mothers day. Oh to have a piece of your heart missing. Keep us posted on the new arrival.
Becoming a mother really changes everything. I thought it would be hard but it's not at all, I love it more than anything.
I love this sweet post. Thank you for sharing. Thinking of you today as it's Gavin's birthday. I hope you have felt him near.
Love you!
Andrea
Wyatt's mommy
Post a Comment