I love the video clips. I think I might be a little masochistic. I love watching them, but sometimes it sure does hurt. Sometimes, I can almost pretend, when I watch these that he is just downstairs waiting for me. He can't be gone, if I can watch him all the time, right?? But then I come back to reality and it sucks and it hurts. But that little escape is nice when I can handle it. These two videos were when we went for a visit down to AZ. HE LOVED THE DOG STORE AT THE MALL!!! So every time we went to the mall, he had to visit his little puppy friends. We are trying to get him to sign and say Dog. He says it really well in the blurry one, and then signs it for half a second in the clear one (before he start ripping all the paper down!).
P.S. Gavin's sign for "dog" is when he pats his chest. Funny Guy.
11 comments:
He is so sweet! Lets get together when your not so busy! give me a call!
What a sweet little face! I want to give him a big kiss. I love when you put videos on.
So precious!! I can imagine how that would be so bittersweet to watch Gavin on video. Hang in there!
He looks like a little man. He is so precious. I love seeing these videos and getting to know him through your blog.
What sweet videos of your little Gavin. He is so cute. I have yet to sit down and watch all the video's of Wyatt..just too painful for me right now. It's such a bittersweet thing isn't it? Sending my love and hugs. I think you are wonderful!
Oh, Gavin is so sweet! How it makes me just wish so much that our little ones were still here, learning and growing! I have a precious few clips of Bridget, but we have no video of Dominic. It is a sore spot, because my mom took TONS of video the friday before. But it was mostly of my step sister's kid, some of my older kids, and then there is Dominic in the background whimpering. My mom was carrying him around while she was taking the video. She was ignoring him while she took all that video of my step sister's child (who is still alive). If only she had been as mesmerized by her youngest grandchild at the time, and capture some precious video of our little "froggy"! It still wouldn't change how it hurts to lose your child to have video, though. As sweet as these videos are of Gavin, it's like you say, that he just isn't actually here. There is no satisfaction in the end. It is all the past, and the sweet will have to wait until the future when our reunions really do happen again. In the meantime, here we are, left to grieve. And grieving is hard. Heavy. Painful. Sure there is so much in life that we still enjoy, still appreciate being here to experience. But we just wish our little ones were here with us to experience it, too. Thank you for sharing a little part of Gavin with us. I think of you and little JJ and your sweet family often.
That was so cute seeing him sign dog. I will have to try that out with David.
What a joy to watch a perfect child.
As much as it hurts to watch video of Gavin, I find when I suround myself with video and pictures of Gabe I feel closer to him. I think he knows that I need him close at those times.
Such a bitter sweet moment.
Very cute. I can imagine some of the different emotions you have watching these, but I know I don't know them all. When I watch the video I have of my son I placed for adoption it is bitter sweet also.
He is so dang cute! We all miss him so much!
Post a Comment