Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One more video

I took this video 1 week before Gavin passed away. (What an ugly sentence. I hate it)
Jaron had to work that Sunday so I took Gavin with me to Primary. he was 2 hours past his normal nap time, but he had stayed awake all through primary (with a little coaxing) But when we got home I didn't want to put him right to bed, because he would wake up in 20 minutes starving. So I gave him some chips while I warmed up some chili (he REALLY liked chili). In the 10 seconds it took for me to put the chili in the microwave and turn around, he had fallen asleep. It was so cute. And I realized that i did not have a "falling asleep" picture of Gavin so I grabbed my camera and started filming. (And I am so greatfull I did.) Needless to say, he didn't stay awake for lunch, so I ended up just putting him down for a nap, and just like I thought, he slept for 20 minutes and woke up starving. (In the words of Bennett my nephew) I just love him so much.

13 comments:

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

That is a great video!! I love it. I'm glad you took that video. Good memories to keep!

Amber said...

Oh Michelle- I cried and laughed so hard. He is so cute, and was so funny. I miss him, as I'm sure you do ten times moreso. He was such a sweet little spirit.

Saratoga Six said...

He is so dang CUTE! I just love how when they're that tired, even Disneyland wouldn't keep them awake. (or chili! :) I have learned so much from you these past months. My heart breaks for you and I pray for you both so much. Thank heaven for eternal families. I'll send you a link to my blog.

Tiera said...

That is so funny! It kind of reminds me of adults nodding off in sacrament meeting. We all miss him so much.

Melissa said...

That is the sweetest, most funny video. He is really fighting it. What a sweetheart!!!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

He is so precious. I love that. He must have been so tired.

Andrea said...

Michelle:
I'm so glad you have that precious video to remember him by. He is the cutest little kid. My heart just aches for you.

Ralae said...

Soooo adorable, thanks for posting that! I love your little boy!

jessi said...

SO cute! He is such a sweetheart. I am glad you posted it too. Call me when you get a chance!

Andrea said...

Michelle:
There is a talk by Elder Richard G. Scott called "Trust in the Lord". It's been one that I've read and re-read to help me through some of the difficult times. It's in the Ensign November 1995. You can do a search on LDS.com or click this link http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=bd5a6e9ce9b1c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1
Thinking of you!
Andrea

Meredith said...

That is so sweet! I love that you are just yelling at him and he is still out. What an adorable little boy.

Ralae said...

Michelle, I have a friend who just got added to my blog who's son went home as well. She created a nice "in memory" blog for him that I thought was really good. I don't know if you'd be interested in checking it out or in contacting her but her blog is listed under Lincoln and Anjane. I talked with her and she's more than willing to talk if you need to. Just thought I'd pass along that info. for you. You're in my prayers always.