First, I'm sure you are all aware that there are differences between boys and girls. This has been obvious in the recent trial my family has experienced. Shortly after Gavin passed away, My sister in law Amber and her family left Omaha, Nebraska to be here with us. As soon as they arrived here, my little niece Sabrina, came and sat down next to me on the couch and said in her cute little voice, "Aunt Michelle, When you get old and die, you'll see Gavin again." At which point I started to cry more, and Cute 6 year old Sabrina said "It's okay to cry" while she gave me a hug. So sweet and tender.......and WISE for a 6 year old to say. My crying did not scare her. She didn't want to retreat faced with this new situation.
(Now this part is funny guys.)
My nephew Taylor just recently received his black belt, and we celebrated with him. He came over to Grandma and Grandpa's and did every thing an 8 year old would love to do. (Went out to eat, played Indiana Jones legos, drove a tractor, etc) Well on the drive home with his mom Tiera, they started to talk about Gavin. And Taylor, in all his sweet innocence and unquestioning faith in God, thought of a way to help Jaron and I. He suggested to his mom....."Mom, if Jaron and Michelle miss Gavin so much, why don't they just kill themselves?" Hmmmmm, well thought out good suggestion, but....."Well, Taylor we don't want them to do that. Heavenly Father want Jaron and Michelle to learn from this." Okay, that didn't work. So Taylor came up with another suggestion. "Well, if it makes Michelle cry when we talk about Gavin, we should just never talk about him again." Again, well thought out, good suggestion but ......"Taylor we shouldn't stop talking about Gavin. It makes us sad right now, but later it will make us happy to talk about Gavin." So much for suggestions. And then I realized the in-grained difference between boys and girls. Sabrina was completely okay with crying, talking, and hugging. Taylor saw a problem and wanted to fix it. Both experience were so sweet and precious to me. THANK YOU!!!!!
One more funny/cute nephew story. Earlier this week, Bennett woke up in the middle of the night and went into his parent room crying. He said "I just miss Gavin so much" His parents talked with him for a moment about it, and after a little bit he said "The stars help me remember Gavin." That is cute. I have a song that "Emma" sings that says "When I walk out in the night DIVINE i know that one of the Stars that Shines is mine!" So it was another tender moment for me, out of the mouths of babes.
I love each one of my nieces Sabrina and Vanessa (short list :) ) And I love each one of my nephews (Taylor, Bennett, Owen, Chase, Issac, and Joshua) You guys are so awesome and YOU GUY'S teach ME so much. Thank you for your faith and your love!!!!
6 comments:
That is a really sweet post Michelle. You have to love the innocence of children.
Michelle, I'm so glad that Sabrina was able to be there for you. She was very upset by the news, and cried along with us when we first found out. She is so in tune sometimes, and able to show myself and others a glimpse of child like faith. It is so true though how different boys and girls are. I think it is so cute and funny. It's so nice to read about how your doing, and know that you are starting to heal. Keep your faith, and you both shall be greatly rewarded. We love you both!
That is funny! I read it to Kevin and he was laughing. That is totally Kevin and I...I just cry, and he just wants to fix.... so insightful
Those are some great stories. Children can be so wise sometimes. If only we could all look at the world with that kind of open-minded innocence.
By the way, I think that it is so wonderful that you talk about Gavin so often. I am sure that it must be so painful but remembering him is so important and good for you. He was such a special little baby that his life should be celebrated and discussed often! When you remember you can never truly lose someone. You guys inspire me!
Hey Michelle and Jaron! So I ran across your page and was glad to see that you guys are hanging in there! It was fun to see you guys at the reunion. Too bad we don't live closer. I love playing games with you Michelle! Take care, and you're in our prayers!
I have been excited to read your blog. (I cried, but I love It) I love the pictures, so far you and Jaron are perfect parents. Few people can say that. You are on my mind all the time along with Gaven and Gabe.
Post a Comment