Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our Big News

I believe that pictures speak a thousand words so I'll let them do the talking first
If you can't read the words it says "pregnant"

And today I had an ultrasound to check the heartbeat. There is little JJ. (She's the oblong thing in the middle left side.) I am certain now that it is a Girl. The heartbeat was 170 today. Gavin's heartbeat was 123 at my 6 week appointment with him. I am only 7 1/2 weeks along and 170 is a huge difference. And i haven't been nearly as sick with this one then I was with Gavin. Gavin I threw up at least once a day. This one I've had food aversions, like i just don't want to eat, but so far I've only thrown up twice. Again completely different from Gavin. This pregnancy has just been a lot different, so thus.........it's a Girl.

In my family we have a tradition of womb names. You name the baby something to call it since you don't know what the sex is. ( Oldest brother Nick=Mr.Wiggins, Jon Mark = Scrooge (my mom wasn't happy), Me= Tex, Jessica = Heidi (she was conceived and born in Germany) Kevin= teaspoon (think about it:) Gavin's womb name was Wiggles because he was always moving, which was really quite nice. Whenever I would worry about him I'd just have to wait 1 minute before he would move and reassure me that everything was fine. This babies womb name is JJ. Why? Well we found out the Sunday morning of General Conference. I was in shock. How could i be pregnant? The stress from losing Gavin should have completely messed up my cycle and made it impossible!!!!! Jaron and I had tickets to General Conference Sunday morning thanks to his Uncle Russ (which we are so greatful for!) We went and I know that President Monson's talk was meant just for me. Take Joy in the Journey (JJ) Treasure the little moments. Find the positive and cherish it. I felt like the Lord was specifically saying to me "Gavin did this. Gavin found so much Joy in life!!! Now you must do the same. Joy in being Gavin's mom. And take Joy in being this baby's Mom, too. No matter how long it is. Treasure these moments." Up till that point it was trepedacious happiness. It was so early, I could loss this pregnancy, better not get my hopes up. But after Predsident Monson's Talk I felt like I was suppose to enjoy this, no matter how long it may be. Take Joy in the Journey. So that is why this babies womb name is JJ to remind me to take Joy in the Journey.

P.S My due date is June 15th

24 comments:

Amber said...

Michelle, I'm so happy for you and Jaron. I know in my heart that Gavin is happy too, and helping little JJ to get ready for this vast world, and wonderful family that he/she will be born into. This little soul has been prepared just for you, and think, Gavin has had a hand in it. How wonderful it is to know that Gavin is getting to know this little soul right now as we speak, and I'm sure giving him/her all the low down on what foods are yummy (how to stay away from broccoli, and eat lots of Chili and rice Crispy treats), and how to wrap his/her daddy and mommy around it's little finger. Just as President Monson said "take Joy in this Journey", it is a wonderful one at that. Maybe now that crocheted dress I did a couple years ago will come in handy for ya. We love you and are so excited for you.

Meredith said...

Michelle!!!!! I am sooooo happy for you!That is such wonderful news. We did plan to be pregnant together, didn't we? Oh man.....I'm so excited that I don't even know what to say!!! Congrats.

Peggy said...

Congrats Michelle! Little girls are so much fun. I was nervous to have a girl because I'm not girly myself, but Samantha has brought it out in me. We are so excited for you.

bugnose7 said...

Michelle this is the greatest news ever. Thanks for reminding me that every day should be joyful. Even the tough ones. Love you, Sherrie

Lisa said...

I am so happy for you. Thanks for sharing the meaning of JJ. It is something I need to be remind of often. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. Gabes pregnancy went from the worst to the best when my attitude changed and I realized I needed to find joy in the journey since this was the time that I had him. You will be in our prayers.

Sasha said...

I am so happy for you!! That talk literally brought me to tears, because life sometimes blows right by us and we forget to pause and see what is right in front of us.

Congratulations Michelle! You certainly deserve it!!

jessi said...

I am so excited for you!! Congrats... I still think it could be a boy because Carters heartbeat was super fast and my pregnancy was way different... I guess in a few weeks we will know :) Ok, I am a little retarded, I don't get teaspoon?!? You will have to explain it to me :)

Kristy E.B. said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am sooo excited for you guys!!! That is such wonderful news and can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

The Mitchell's said...

Michelle, you amaze me! Your out-look on life is so incredible! I loved that talk as well!!!! I actually thought a lot about you at conference:) You are an inspiriational person and I look up to you for that! I am soooo excited for you Michelle! Congrats to you and Jaron!!! Love ya! Crystal

The Mitchell's said...

Michelle, you are so amazing! I was actually thinking about you alot during conference! I loved that talk as well! Your are such an inspirational person! I look up to you for that! Michelle, I'm so excited for you and Jaron! Congrats! Love ya! Crystal

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Oh my gosh!! Congrats!! I am so happy for you! Such a wonderful little miracle. We need to take you out to celebrate.... mmm... but what do you feel like??

Lindsay said...

Congratulations Michelle!! I am so excited for you! I'm also glad to hear that you haven't been so sick... I remember how hard last time was for you. And I love your words about taking joy in the journey. They're so true... in everything. And actually, I'm expecting too--on the 7th of June. Maybe we should call Becca--she's probably pregnant too! ;)

-Lindsay Ebert

Ralae said...

Michelle, I am soooo happy for you! It's wonderful news. I like the womb name JJ. Ours is (can you guess???) Jon Mark the 5th. I didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Dont buy girls stuff until the DOC confirms your suspicions...
Word from someone who assumed wrong once.

Saratoga Six said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so completely thrilled for you!! Thank you also for reminding me to have Joy in the Journey. What a blessing every day of our lives is!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Wonderful news. Gavin will never be replace, but hopefully this will help mend the whole in your heart just a little more. I have the same hope for me.

Homer Hoodlums said...

Congratulations Michelle! You are such a strength to so many people. We love ya. I think about you all the time!

Tiera said...

Time will tell. How many weeks until you find out?

Dangcutekids said...

Wow! We're thrilled for you both for Gavin's little sister to join your family!! Hurray! You are the best parents. Thanks for sharing this story I'm balling, I'm so touched by your faith! Congratulations!!

Heidi said...

Yay, Michelle! I'm sure it's comforting to know that Gavin know's his little sister already. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Lynnie said...

wahoo Michelle! It's crazy the twists and turns life throws, huh? I can't believe you are so strong and have been thinking about you and your little family for weeks. I just added you as a friend on facebook (althoughI'm not good at that one either) but blogging is better. I can't wait to hear about this new girlie you're having - and love getting to know Garvin through your blog. You do a great job - Lynnie

jel-gar said...

Michelle -

I am filled with so much excitement for you. I cried reading about this beautiful miracle. I love the thought of Gavin having this time with JJ to "instruct" her/him and knowing that he is telling them how lucky they are to have you for their mom and Jaron for their dad. You guys are so amazing and awesome.

lots of love, Janelle

JACK!E said...

Hi, Elena's neice again, Jackie. Hope its fine with you that I check your blog every now and again making sure you guys are doing okay. Looks like you are doing AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pictures this summer!