I know I'm going way back for this one, but better late than never, right?
Sawyer had a great birthday. He was really cute and just turned 2!
He got into blowing out the candles this year...
now you see it
now you don't, but I will say he seemed kind of sad that the fire went away after he blew them out.
Now we feast...
Yummy!
Sawyer was excited to open presents. This is his face before he opened his present from mom and dad.
Face after...
But this is what Sawyer looked like when he got his present from Aunt Jessica.
I love this picture. It is so summer and he looks so determined
Now to July 4th...
To give background several days prior to July 4th Sawyer was swinging on a swing and fell off of it. It apparently wasn't a bad fall. Jaron said he has had much worst, but he caught his arm just right and broke it. I wasn't there, but I heard he cried a lot and wouldn't stop. Once they got to the ER he saw suckers and stopped crying just long enough to say "Sucker, Sucker?"
He had to be in the cast for 4 weeks! It wasn't that bad though because apparently they make water proof casts now, so we didn't really have to keep him out of much.
Back to July 4th...
Sawyer is old enough this year to truly start forming opinions about fireworks.
Right now this picture captures what he thinks
Jaron noticed that one of Sawyer's coping mechanisms was to shut his eyes really tight!
I thought this was such a cute July 4th picture
Now some funny pictures... the first one is Sawyer hunting for some toe jam, so delicious!
Sawyer is so strong. He will often try to move things 200x his weight. This is his "I'm really trying" pose
Michelle told a funny story recently that I don't have a corresponding picture to, but I thought you'd enjoy. They had been at the store and they were headed home. Sawyer said, "Home?" to which Michelle responded "Yes, we're going home". Sawyer, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!, that way (pointing down some random street)" Hermit much?
Another development in Sawyer's life... when you start to do something that Sawyer doesn't like he says "Stop it" or "No". May not seem like much but he says it with so much force and confidence that you really do stop for a second. Then you say, "Hey wait, your 2!" Such a funny guy. This will have to be a Sawyer post because I think I've maxed out everyone's attention span.
5 comments:
Ahh, I miss him. I miss all of you!!! Cute post, it really made me smile. Love you. By the way, my phone is retarded and I have a feeling it may completely stop working soon. So, if you need to get a hold of me or just want to talk, try me, but you may need to call Jon Mark's phone. XOXOXO
love the stories, keep sharing them.
He is so grown up. We miss seeing you guys and keeping abreast of all the changes in your family. Come see us sometime!
Happy Birthday Sawyer!! What fun posts! These boys are sure cuties. Thanks for sharing the fun!
Oh these photos are all sooo cute. We miss him sooooooooooo much!! Please give him hugs and kisses for us....plus a few teddy grahams!
Post a Comment