It all started on Gavin's Birthday. We were driving around getting things for Gavin's Birthday Party. Jaron had had a cold and sore throat the past couple days, and as we were driving, he cleared his throat....And almost lost his life. I was so close to reaching over and killing him at that very moment he cleared his throat. Then the following conversation took place:
Me: Jaron, I think I'm pregnant. I almost killed you when you cleared your throat
Jaron: (in a hurt/confused tone) But Shell, I have a cold.
Me: I know, I know. That's why I think I'm pregnant. You have every right to clear your throat, your sick. There is no reason why that should bother me so bad. That's why I think I'm pregnant.
To which Jaron promptly drove me to Walmart to get a pregnancy test. I took it....Negative. Over the next couple days I was SUPER testy. And I told Jaron, "either I'm pregnant or I have a brain tumor, those are the only logical explanations for me being so onery." Jaron said, "Or your period is late and coming, and that would explain the oneryness too. Your not pregnant, and 'It's not a tumor' (said in the Arnold Schwarzenegger voice)." So every couple days I took a pregnancy test. They all said negative. About 10 days after I thought I could be, I woke up at 3 in the morning and had to pee so bad. And figured, I'm up, I know the most accurate time to test is the first pee of the morning, so I went a head and took ANOTHER test. Waited...waited... negative. What the hay!!! So I took the test over to the bathroom light and held it right next to the bulb, and then I saw the faintest of faint line. I could have possibly hallucinated it, it was so faint. I went back to bed, and couldn't fall asleep. So I did what any loving wife would do, I WOKE JARON UP!!:) (note to self and any other woman. 3 am.... not the best time to tell your husband your pregnant.)
The next morning the prego test was still SUPER faint, we couldn't decide if it was there or not. So I took ANOTHER pregnancy test. This time the expensive digital kind. It confirmed what my body had been telling me for days. I was indeed pregnant.
So his womb name is "bucky" because of all the Bucks (money) I spent on stupid pregnancy tests. I was leaning toward "fity" (the rapper fifty cent.) because I thought that was funnier, but Jaron ixnaed that one. And " bucky" was the winner. Now I know what you all are thinking, have we talked about any real names.
No
Haven't even mentioned it to each other. Boy names are hard. Either the ones you like are already being used by people you know, or you just can't come to a decision you both agree on, or your other children are using the name:) Anyway. really long story to tell you the womb name. But, HEY, at least I blogged right!! Can I get a woo, woo?
9 comments:
Woo, Woo.
Congrats!! :)
~Bethany
What a funny story. I hate that "Am I, am I not?" feeling - and all mine have been positive the first time I took them! Congrats on blogging the story and when are you due?
Woot Woot. I love hearing from you guys. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and I expect cute pics soon after, cause I wish I were there to see Sawyer at Christmas time. Luv you guys so much!!
Woo Woo Woo Woo
Michelle you are funny! I enjoyed reading this story. :) Congrats on little Bucky!
I think you deserve at least a hard laugh which came from me as I read this story. C&H spent weeks coming up with Henry's name. The choice didn't come until just weeks before he was born. It's okay. Even Bucky is pretty cute.
I like the womb name!
Woo, Woo. Can't wait to meet little Bucky.
Post a Comment