Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Update

We recently had our ward Christmas party, where they had a Santa Clause before it started. We thought that it would be a great opportunity for Sawyer to meet Santa. Here is Sawyer before. Happy as a clam with dad. In the top photo he is saying "cheese". The bottom he is checking out Daddy's beard. It makes my heart happy watching the two of them together. It's pretty much the cutest thing you've ever seen.

This is what Sawyer thought when we put him in Santa's Lap!! You can see the love exuding from him. Actyally he freaked out so bad, he didn't make one sound. That right folks, the dreaded silent cry. The cry that you think "Man when he takes a breath this is going to be loud!!! Ear plugs anyone?"

A super Quick video before Santa said he was done with him:)



This is Sawyer right after Dad rescued him.
And this is Sawyer about 5 min after the whole ordeal. See, he recovered quickly! (I'm not that mean of a mom:)
I love his "cheese" face. It's so stinking cute.
He is such a busy boy. He is constantly finding shelves to climb into. He cracks me up. He's developed a temper recently. If I tell him "no" he get's mad at me and comes over and hits me. I tell him "no, use nice hands". He hits me again, we do this about 3 times, he gives up and goes into the kitchen and bangs his head on the tile floor. .... I have no idea what I'm doing at this stage.

He has also had diarrhea for about 5-6 weeks now. Seriously. I'm going to have to get a full time job just to keep him in diapers!!!!!! Not only that, but he throws up randomly about 3-4 times a week. Needless to say, he is stressing me out right now. His Doctor is doing tests so we'll see what comes of it. He cries about 80% of the day because he wants to be held, but Baby Bucky is taking up all the holding space that was available. (P.S. That what this babies womb name is, "Bucky". Dedicated to all the money I spent on pregnancy tests trying to figure out what was going on with me. Funny story. Another time)

But all the crying is worth it when I get this face!!! OOOOOHHH don't you love it!!!? Another one of his "cheese" smiles. It is so cute, sometimes I want to cry. Or is it the pregnancy hormones....??

9 comments:

Ralae said...

I love his little cheese face! Joshua was afraid of Santa too. Mercedes wasn't. It took his little sister going up bravely first before he would go. So, how did Jaron's interview go?

Kristy E.B. said...

Sawyer is sooo cute! That is so sad that he's been sick lately. Hopefully you find out what's going on soon. Looks like it'll be awhile before him and Santa are buddies. When are you due?

Amber said...

He is so cute. I love this post. Made me smile, and remember all those times I took our kids to see Santa and they all did the same thing. Funny how they all love pictures of Santa and the presents, but the min. they haveto sit on Santas lap all the fun is over really quick. Sawyer is such a cutie. I love the photo of you with him. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. We love you.

janc@mac.com said...

He's a doll, no question. Hope you can figure out why he's having diarrhea and vomiting. NOT good.

~plaid said...

Did Sawyer have any antibiotics before getting sick? Sounds a lot like what we have experienced when our son ended up with C.diff. After an antibiotic. I hope the docs figure it out, and that Sawyer is feeling better quickly!

bugnose7 said...

You know if you think about it Santa really is a scary guy. A big old beard and he acts like he knows you and you don't know anything about him. I would cry to if someone dropped my on a Santa.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

first off i love sawyer. his face is darling and delicious. 2nd off in need the bucky story asap

Meredith said...

Wow- he is getting so big! Cameron does the same thing- hits his head on the floor when he's upset. I know they don't understand what to make of their emotions at this stage but why on earth would they think smashing their head into something would improve any situation?? It's frustrating. The other day Cam hit his head so hard on the kitchen floor that he got a little red lump and I was not happy about it. :( And Cam also had the runs for a number of weeks about two months ago. It was so bad that he had the most horrible diaper rash from it. I think it was just a long lasting bug cause it ran it's course and then he was fine. He also threw up a few times while he had that. I hope that Sawyer's is just a bug too and that it stops quickly. We went through so many diapers and he was even having it in the bath tub.....not fun! Get all better soon Sawyer!!! :)

Lisa said...

That picture of sawyer in santas lap is a keeper. I also love the personality that is apparent in his expressions.