Friday, May 14, 2010

He is not Here

I was eating lunch today, and the April Ensign was in front of me (for those of you that don't know, that is the monthly magazine my church puts out). I was flipping through and I came to the very last page and saw this picture.

"He is Not Here"
By Walter Rane

My eyes filled with tears. The title of the Picture is "He is not here". He, Christ, was the first, but gratefully he will not be the last. One day I hope to go up to my sweet Gavibear's grave and instead of a cold headstone to greet me, I hope an angel stands there instead and says to me "He is not here, but is risen."
"The First"
By Jared J Barnes

Those may very well be the sweetest words to fill my ears. Death could not hold our Savior captive. Nor will it hold my baby boy. One day.

7 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

Walter Rane is one of my favorite artists. He seems to not only capture the subject but the Spirit as well in his art. Thanks for sharing these beautiful thoughts, Michelle. I know they are true.

Ralae said...

Gavin is always in our hearts. We will be with you in spirit on Monday. Thinking of you all in Utah (Jess and Jaron) and praying for you all well at this time especially. Love you guys! XOXOXO! P.S. I think we're almost done helping your parents move... are you sad you missed out? I'm sure there will be plenty left to help out with when you come (organizing and such).

Crystal said...

Wow that gave me the chills. I hadn't ever really thought about it in that way. I hope he is there for you too one day.

The Holland Family said...

Very well said and thank you for that today. I hope and pray I will do the same with my little Mia. Hugs to you today Michelle. Love, Nicole

What Karen Sees said...

Beautifully said and felt, Michelle. What hope and comfort this gives to us all!

Sarah said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Saratoga Six said...

That is beautiful. I love that painting. What a miracle.