Mark, Aimee, and Dakota. We could see their Ballon the longest because of the lovely artwork on it.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Happy 3rd Birthday Angel Gavin
Today was, what would be my Angel babies 3rd birthday. I have a three year old. That blows my mind. Oh, I love that little boy so much. We celebrated his short life with us, and it was a nice day. I try my best to keep it light and fun. (even though those sneaky tears creep into my eyes sometimes). The day was celebrated with hot dogs, watermelon and blueberries, rice krispi cake, and soy milk....No, just kidding. We had soda instead. ( I don't think I could've gotten anyone, including myself, to guzzle a glass.)
Our little Gavin Memorial
Rice Krispi Cake (Gavin couldn't have eggs of milk) so we had rice krispies!! (there are 3 little candles there. I should have picked another color besides green to go with the green "cake".
Mmmmm. Hot dogs!
Can you spot the watermelon and blueberries.......
I love this picture. I love it because the kids are cozing up to what they can of Gavin. It makes me happy they feel so comfortable hanging out out the cemetery.
The family.
This brought tears to my eyes. I got out of the car and my nephew Bennett yelled "Michelle, LOOK!!" and I saw these windmills. They made me so happy...(considering the circumstances). My lovely Sister and Brother-in-law and their boys put these windmills up. I cried and I don't think the boys were expecting that. I tried to tell him it made me so happy, but you could tell he thought it was weird. I love those boys!! (and their parents too:-)
We let balloons go with our messages on them
Here is our balloon with our love notes to Gavin
Grandma and Grandpa Larsen

Mark, Aimee, and Dakota. We could see their Ballon the longest because of the lovely artwork on it.
The boys and parents
Dalin and Emily
Tyler and Emily
Loved this ballon.
Dad Larsen cracked us all out when he laid down to try out his spot. ( We have 4 plots there with Gavin)
There's where he'll be laying. funny, funny, Dad Larsen!!!
Mom Larsen keeping the family photos up!
The cousins!
They are so cute. One day I hope to make it a big deal with friends invited. But for now I keep it small with just family. My thoughts are, If i have break down, I don't want other people to feel weird about it. Family has to love me and forgive my breakdowns no matter what :-) One day. Overall it was a good day. We miss our Gavibear so much!! But I do know that he is fighting for us on the otherside. How greatful I am that familes are FOREVER!! And I have my own, very personal Guardian Angel to watch over all these people that love him so much!!
Mark, Aimee, and Dakota. We could see their Ballon the longest because of the lovely artwork on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
You can break down any time. Gavin is such a special boy. I can only imagine what a valiant and dependable son he is in the Lords army.
I was thinking of you yesterday and especially of your sweet Gavin. Glad it was special day remembering a VERY special little boy. Sending my love your way!
happy happy Birthday Gavin! I thought about you guys all day! Hope it was special.
Happy Birthday Gavin! Love the pictures. What a great way to remember and celebrate his birthday.
Hearts and prayers are still with you.
Good post. I approve this message.
It's okay to cry. It sometimes fills the gaps that form as time passes. I still cry. I still miss Gavin and Gabe and Becky and Mom Clayton. I didn't know Nigel but I hope to thank him someday for making this world a better place for our family. Life includes death. The more we love the more it hurts to lose the loved one. I love to see the picture by Walter Rane sitting below this post. It is such a reminder -- Because HE died, they live and we will too. Love you all.
Bridget would be turning three only two months after Gavin. I didn't even remember that yesterday was the 18th. This month has been so busy and I'm losing track of the days, but I am sorry that I missed yesterday altogether! I'm glad you have such a supportive family. That makes a HUGE difference - that is what the Plan is all about! I am glad you were able to celebrate Gavin's birthday in such a special way. I have to imagine that in paradise they have birthday parties, too. I'm sure they celebrate their entrance into the mortal world, and the blessing of eternal families - that they are connected through the priesthood throughout all eternity to that family. I wonder if Bridget and Dominic were able to be part of Gavin's party, but I just know they are grateful for their birthdays. I certainly am. There children are missed, so very loved, and certainly a blessing to have had them here in mortality with us, even if their lives were just so brief. But the real birthday gift is that the separation is only "for a moment" and because (like your last post stated) He has overcome the grave, we will be able to love them for eternity, and be with them throughout the eternities. What a wonderful birthday gift to look forward to. It is still a tender time here, and in some ways just so very difficult without our little ones. I just keep telling myself that what does not seem right now all WILL be right. All WILL be well, even if it isn't all well in the moment.
Happy Birthday Gavin!
What a special day. So much love to go around.
We love you guys! We are approaching Parker's 5th Angel Day and in October we will have a 7 year old ... sigh. Thanks for sharing a little of Gavin with us!
I loved the balloon "save us a seat". It made me cry. I hope that one got to him. Jeff trying out his spot reminded me of Grandpa Albrechtsen. He would always take us to the cemetary to visit Grandma Albrechtsens grave and he would always say this is my spot where I will be. I know say the same thing when I visit our Gabe. He will be with me on my spot.
Looks like it was a good day. Happy birthday Gavin!
Happy Birthday Gavin!
What a great day and what a blessing for our family to celebrate that Gavin is ours for eternity!
Post a Comment