
I know, way crazy!! My sister-in-law introduced me to
KNOCK OFF WOOD. It's a website that gives you free plans for furniture pieces that you could buy in stores for hundreds of dollars, or you could make yourselves for much less. This was actually a really fun project for Jaron and I to work on together. And there really is some pride in your accomplishments when you step back and say "I MADE THIS!!"

This was called the "Bankable Bookshelves". We made it to reign in Sawyer's toys. You can't tell very well in this picture, but the bottom shelf there is actually a toy bin. (it just looks like a shelf to me in the picture, but it's not).

We did a pirate theme. We painted it a rust color, and put pirate wallpaper on the back side. These are pictures of the wallpaper close up. I REALLY love how it turned out. It is so, very BOY!!

We also made this!!
I know we are perfectionists in EVEY area, but especially babies!! We love our Soybean!! We recently took our first trip to an event where his schedule was COMPLETELY messed up. No naps, Bedtime at midnight, wake up at 6:50, and then more No naps. I can tell you there were two really grumpy people, and three kind of grumpy people. Well, that's what happens when you share a room with a baby, NO SLEEP!! We went to LAS VEGAS for a car show. I love this picture. Sawyer is watching the drag races, and those are the ear plugs in his ears. I don't know why, but he reminds me of Shrek. LOVE IT!!!!
This is me and Sawyer sitting in the Razor. An indispensable piece of machinery at car shows like this. Why walk when you can cruise past all those LLLLAAAAMMMMEEE pedestrians in style!!! Just kidding, we still did our fair share of walking but the Razor was really nice :)

And then Daddy-O holding Dinosawyer in the stands. Are my Man's so handsome! Love 'em ALL!!! Fun times, but very exhausiting. I haven't recovered from our vacation yet. My eye's are closing as we speak!!!!
12 comments:
I love that shelf! I am all inspired, except I was thinking I have no real tools. Did you have to have a table saw to do that? What kinds of tools would I need if I tried something like that? I've had the hardest time finding bookshelves, and what a great idea to make something that is exactly what you need and personalized!
I am glad you guys got out and had a vacation. I always feel like I need a vacation from going on vacation, so I hope you're getting some good rest now. And Happy Easter this weekend.
Cute post, Michelle! And I LOVE that bookshelf. It makes me want to make another one. It turned out really good. Looks like a professional piece of work! Good job! Sawyersuarus is soooo cute! I love him SOOOOOOO much! I keep casually bringing up to your parents that they should fly you all down here to help with the move. I think maybe they're considering it. We'll see. But, then poor Sawyer would be thrown off his schedule AGAIN! I am excited to come to Utah to see you guys. I am nervous about how Miss M will do in the car. I've never taken a trip with her before. OHHHH, driving to Ohio is NOT going to be fun. Well, apparently this is a LOOOONNNNGGGG comment. So I will go ahead and sign off. Just wanted to tell you Good Job and I love you all SOOOOOOOO much!
That bookshelf/toy chest is amazing, way to go!
I love that picture of Sawyer with earplugs in, so adorable. He is so cute!
Grandpa Larsen has furniture building competion. Way to go it looks great.
This is a fun tradition for our family-hope it continues!! Sawyer with the earplugs is the best, and he was a real trooper!
You are so funny, Michelle. I think you should consider being a stand-up comedian.
WOW!! You are so very talented. I absolutely love it. I'm so glad to see that you guys are doing well. And yes Sawyer is such a cutie. I just want to squeeze those little cheeks of his. Looks like he is taking after Grandpa and Jaron and all the boys. Third generation of car dudes!! I hope all is well with you. We love you and miss you.
Looks like a fun vacation
That book shelf looks great! And you guys do make adorable children. :)
I am impressed with that shelf! Good Work!
I love the shelf! Now you got me wanting to do it! Sawyer is a very very very cute kid!
hey we just watched sawyer playing peek a boo (ian elizabeth and me-auntieshell) we had to watch it like at least 4 times cuase the kids liked it soooo much
Post a Comment