You could guess by the title where this is going. This is a thinking, venting, hurting post. Sorry. I am doing just as the title states. Sitting here with tears rolling down my face. Why? I am reading the miraculous story about Bronson Staker. (Click here). Though I am so happy for this family and the sweet miracle they recieved, I am trying not to acknowledge the feelings of hurt that fill my eyes with tears when I think of the miracle that I so desperalty wanted, and yet did not recieve. The gift of life. Bronsons mom speaks of her pleas to heaven, I offered the same. As I gave my son CPR, that was all I could think of. But when the police man came, I jumped up to let him take over. I took 3 or 4 steps to get out of the little hall, to give the mecial workers room, and I promptly fell to my face, as low as I could get to the ground, and I pleaded. Oh, I pleaded. I said a prayer that only a mother could say. I begged for the life of my son. "Oh, Father. Please save my son. Ask whatever you may, but please save my little man. My sweet baby boy. Please God. Oh God please. Father I beg you. Save my baby." Probably the shortest prayer I have ever prayed. Guaranteed the most sincere. But that was not my miracle. I knew when they took Gavin away in the ambulance, he was gone. It wasn't my miracle to have.
I'm not sure, but I think this may have been the family my sister-in-law told me about. I prayed so hard for this family when Ralae told me. And I am so happy there is one less mother to be part of this group. I just wish that I, too, wasn't' a part of it. (Though, each and every angel mother I have met is a gift, and sweet presence of strength in my life. I would still trade knowing you all, for my son:)--I know you understand)
But I was, and am not miracle-less. The miracle I received was different, and quite honestly not the miracle I would've picked. It was the miracle of strength to endure. Endure the first year with all the holidays absent of that wonderful little boy. Endure the next year, with a little brother who would be laughing away at all the silly antics Gavin surely would've provided him. And to continue to Endure, until my time comes to wrap my arms around Gavin again. That is the miracle that IS mine. Though, given the chance I certainly would've traded. I must acknowledge credit where it is due, God knows me. He knows my pain. He did the very same thing. He loves me, though I am trepidations of his WILL now, I know that he understands. He knows my heart, and loves me still the same. And my little Gavin is still mine. For eternity. Thank you Lord, for providing away for families to be eternal. And thank you for my little miracles of Enduring. (even though, i would still trade, just so we are all clear on that:)
My heart has just been aching for him as of late. I'm not sure if it's the impeding anxiety that I feel for Sawyer, or what, but I can't stop thinking of THAT moment. I just have to remembe my miracle to endure. Even with THAT moment constantly surfacing over and over, I can still function. I can still be a good mommy for Sawyer. A miracle. Just remember that, Michelle.
I love you Gavers. With all my heart, forever and ever.
Mama
15 comments:
Oh, my sweet Michelle, I love you. I'm going to call you right now.
Thank you for your post. I sm so sorry for the pain you are feeling. My Andrew has been gone almost 3 years, and I never want another parent to experience the pain I have gone through and that I am going through. The joy I feel for others who get that miracle that we didn't get is bitter sweet, but it kills me when anyone else suffers the death of a child. I appreciate your honesty, and again thank you for your feelings.
I read that story of Bronson Staker and thought of you the whole time, Michelle. Hang in there - you will see Gavin again. Just not soon enough for your heart.
Oh Michelle, I wish I could say something comforting. I love you and your strength is amazing.
Michelle,
I love you! I feel the same way when I hear of these miraculous stories like Bronson. I am glad they are not having to be a part of our "group" but sometimes I wonder why, when I fasted and prayed so hard did I have to make the decision to take my son off the machines? But I too have seen miracles, of enduring and strength, though I too would trade to have my son be with me now. The day we get to hold our children in our arms... that will be an amazing amazing day! Love you guys!
Lindi
Hang in there, Michelle. So sorry you have to go through all of this, and I, too, am amazed by your strength to carry on.
I wonder if Mary prayed that same sincere prayer to Heavenly Father asking that her sons life could be preserved? If we only could understand God's ways and purposes life would be so much less complicated.I love this verse in the book of Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." I promise you some day you will understand. Until then know that we love you and wish we could easy your pain.
I am so glad when you do posts on Gavin. I always want to hear how you are feeling. You are amazing!
This blog reminds me of the serenity prayer: "God please help me to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." I said that prayer many times while standing next to Becky at addiction recovery meetings. I say it now for a whole different reason. Love you.
okay now Im crying. Its strange that pain can be so different and yet familiar in so many ways. We really need to talk more. I have been struggling also as we prepare to meet our new baby. There is a big hole in my heart that will not be filled until I hold my Gabriel yet I believe part of the pain is the fear of having to endure another trial like that again. I have been to the hospital twice in the last two weeks and each time I return the memories and pain seem to overtake me. It happens so quickly that I haven't even entered the hospital when I see myself sitting in a wheel chair waiting for Adam to bring the car and the emptiness I feel with my arms lost without my baby.
Ok sorry, I just keep going forward thinking whatever happens it is in the Lords hands and he will know what is best.
As I read your posts of Gavin I appreciate that you allow us to know this side of you. I don't understand what you suffer but I hurt for you.
I'm sorry. Life is so tough sometimes. I'm so grateful for the gospel, for good family and friends to help me through the tough times. Know that I love you, think and pray for you often. Sending hugs your way. (((hugs)))
Tears filled my eyes as I read your tender post. I know exactly the feelings you described. I thought the same thing. So incredibly happy that this cute mom didn't have to be a part of the club, but confused why we were chosen...why our miracle couldn't have come to fruition. I wish I had answers that would bring you peace and comfort. I know what an amazing mommy you are. I know that your cute little Gavi-bear is so proud call you his mommy! Sending lots of loves your way!
Loves,
Tif
(jack's mom)
I'm so glad you see all the miracles and are such an inspiration to all of us.
I read the article, I can see why its so upsetting. I loathe stories like that now. Not because they had a happy ending, but because they profess it to be a result of their great faith, or God's great love for them. There are plenty of "miracles" that don't involve LDS families. And there are plenty of horror stories like ours in the church. But no one likes to focus on those ones, because they don't "prove" that what we believe is "right". Just because something is medically unexpected or can't be explained doesn't mean God reached forth His hand and changed time/space/physical matter. It just means they got their 50% chance of a happy ending, and no one really knows why, so just be grateful for it. Its literally like a slap in the face for all of us "but if not"s.
Anyway, sorry for the non-sugary post...its just hard thats all. It hurts so much.
Post a Comment