Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What love is


(Jaron is fixing a chest of drawers for Gavin before he was born. He looks so HOT with a hammer in his hand!)

I was blog surfing my Angel Mom friends when I went to Michelle's blog. She was talking about love, and it was a pretty awesome post. I list here a quote from her dad that just...was right.

"The disciples of Christ asked him what the most important commandments were. His reply was. One..Have faith in me. And second, Love thy neighbor as thyself. The most important principals are faith and love. I(meaning my dad) have thought a lot about why those were the most important. I believe it's because God is love. It is his nature. To be like him, we have to learn to love like him. All of our experiences here on this earth aid us in those two objectives. To have faith, and to learn to love. That is why we are to marry. What better way to learn to love unconditionally? To love when it is difficult? To love when it is hard. That is the Love God wants and needs us to learn to become more like him. President Hinckley's definition of love is ""True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion."
--Michelle Kranich's Dad

I can honestly say that my love for Jaron has evolved over the 8 years we've been together.(Dating and Married). I remember when I was worried when the butterflies started to disappear every time we kissed. Silly me. The love I have for him now is so much deeper. A whole different level of love. I have learned that I can count on my husband. That he is steadier and stronger then I thought. He is my best friend. And at least in this aspect he exemplifies unconditional love. He has loved me when it was hard. What a gift he is in my life.

Plus he makes really cute babies:)

4 comments:

Ralae said...

I love that take on love! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love "LOVE".

Lisa said...

I can't say this past year has been wonderful, but I can say I love the Lord more and I love my husband more then I did a year ago.

Crystal said...

I am glad I am not the only worried about the disappearing butterflies and if that was normal.

Saratoga Six said...

I love your words about the primary songs and about what love is. These special babies are so sweet.