Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Singing to Sawyer

Me and my Boys

This happened about 2 weeks ago. I just didn't get a chance to write it down. And don't ask me why but for some reason, it seems easier to express my thoughts and feelings in writing then aloud. I am sure that some of my family members will read this and wonder why I didn't share this personally with them. I guess writing here is just easier for me to get my thoughts out, or there's never the right time or place to share a story like this. I guess sometimes there are no "right words" to describe it. I hope this makes sense

I was downstairs with Sawyer, sitting in my rocking chair. He was starting to fuss a little bit, so I started to sing to him. I've avoided singing any of the primary songs that I sang to Gavin. I just haven't been ready. But I started to sing the primary song "Love is Spoken Here".

I see my Mother kneeling
With the family each day
I hear the words she whispers
As she bows her head to pray
Her plea to the Father
Quiets all my Fears
And I am thankful
Love is Spoken here.

As I sang the words "Her plea to the Father Quiets all my fears". I felt a thought. My mind was impressed with the feeling "Yes, Mom. Your pleas, your prayers to the Father. Quiets my fears of you falling, it strengthens me to hear your words, to hear your faith." At which point I started to cry. The thought came so suddenly to my mind, from no where. It was as though someone spoke the words to me, but it was the feeling I felt. I thought that it must be Gavin. I continued the song, "And I am thankful, Love is spoken here" and the feelings continued in my mind. "Mama, I am so thankful Love is spoken here. I am so grateful the you love my Dad, and that my Dad returns that love to you. I watch and see it between you both and my brother. And I AM THANKFUL. LOVE. IS. SPOKEN. HERE". The experience is so hard to describe, because, well I guess because it was an exchange between spirits. I didn't hear the words. I felt them. And they weren't words that I felt, but rather feelings that were kind of like words.? I struggle to find the right WORDS to describe this. But it was love that I felt. And it was precious. Oh, how I love my little Gavibear. Thank you my sweet boy. Mama, needed that.

9 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

oooh I love this story. I am so glad you hed this experience, I know how often you are looking for things like this to bring you some peace.

Kristy E.B. said...

What an amazing experience that must have been! Something to treasure forever, I'm sure. So glad you have that to hold on to.

Sarah said...

What a neat & precious experience. Thanks for sharing it with us. Definitely one worth recording and remembering when you are having a tough day.

Andrea said...

Michelle:
What an amazing experience!! Thank you for sharing. Just beautiful!
Love,
Andrea

Meredith said...

It makes complete sense. Thanks for sharing!! :)

jel-gar said...

Michelle -
You're little Sawyer is so cute!!!!I'm always so thankful for you're posts and you're willingness to share such special experiences. I've been thinking about you a lot and pray that you can be given all the comfort you need to get through the hard moments. Lots of love - Janelle

Crystal said...

I am so glad that you were able to have that experience with Gavin. It'll surely be something you will alsways treasure and will never look at that song the same. I am happy for you.

Lisa said...

I knew Gavin was closer then you realized. I think those moments can happen as often as we allow them to happen. Unfortunatly it is hard to control the temporal and physical desires in order to hear and see the spiritual miracles that are so close to us. Gavin has been on my mind so much lately. Loosing him brought me one step closer to loosing Gabe.
I love you and Jaron so much, I wish you weren't suffering.

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. I truly needed to hear that. I've really been struggling this week. You are such an amazing mom. Gavin and Sawyer are sure lucky to have you as their mommy!

-Jack's mom
Tif