Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Falling in Love

I don't think I am capable of "love at first sight". For me real love, true love, takes time. Honestly, I love Jaron more today, then I ever did when we were married. Losing Gavin seemed to even deepen that love. Maybe it's been suffering something so deeply together, that has strengthened my love for him. Knowing that he is there to lean on when I can't breath or stand anymore. He is my BEST friend.

It even took time for me to fall in love with Gavin. When he was born I felt like he wasn't the same baby I was pregnant with. Maybe because I had my own ideas of what kind of child he would be and he was nothing like I thought (Better:) But fall in love with him, I did. It seemed that with each milestone he hit I would think, how can I possibly love him more?

And now I have another man in my life I am falling in love with. Sawyer is such a joy for me. Loving him seems to have come a little easier, maybe because I knew more what to expect. I knew that the baby I was pregnant with wouldn't be the same one that came out:) And I knew how hard newborns were so at least that didn't surprise me. Regardless, I am falling in love with yet another man.

Our Little Sawyersaurus is smiling for us now. Especially his daddy. He seems to really like him!!

12 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

he is such a sweetie. you have great men in your life to love. what a sweet post Shell.

Melissa said...

I completely agree. I love my little family the more we share together. I just love it when they start to smile.

Ralae said...

I'm glad to hear you say that it took time to fall in love with Gavin. I think I had a little harder time bonding with Mercedes this time around. Things are WAY better now, I had a moment the other day in which I looked at her, and she smiled at me, and I knew I loved her as much as I loved Joshua (something I wasn't sure was possible). It brought tears to my eyes because it came unexpectedly, and because I was beginning to think something was wrong with me. She was just a harder baby and I was so sleep deprived. So, I know what you mean when you say that it seemed he was a different baby than the one you were pregnant with.

Jessimama said...

Sawyer looks funny in that last picture! That was a cute post.

What Karen Sees said...

It has been so wonderful to have had Gavin live with us, and now little Sawyer. They are very special little spirits and such a blessing to our family. Loving our precious grandchildren is a wonderful blessing at this stage of life.

janc@mac.com said...

You are indeed very blessed!

Sarah said...

What a great post & Cute pictures! What sweet boys you have.

Crystal said...

Sawyer is already changing so much!

Tiera said...

He is such a cutie! Babies are so easy to love!

Lisa said...

Kids bring so much joy in our lives. Sawyer is beautiful.

Andrea said...

Michelle:
I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you today. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to figure out something today that will bring some comfort and peace and I especially hope you feel your sweet Gavin near.
Sending my love,
Andrea
Wyatt's mommy

Saratoga Six said...

What a delightful personality he has. I love how he makes you and Jaron smile.