Wednesday, June 10, 2009

He's HERE!!!

Sawyer Jaron Larsen joined our family on June 5th, after 2 hours and 15 min of labor (that includes the 3 min of pushing). He's a sleepy little guy, and not too fussy so far. Completely different personality, so far, from Gavin. Sawyer is mellow. Gavin was busy.

Here is our first Family picture. (The chocolate bunny was Gavin's favorite toy, so that is how he is represented in the family photos.)
Here is Sawyer with his Gavin proxy :)
Sawyer and Mom
Sawyer and Dad!!!
We showed up at the hospital and they started me on the pitocin at 7:30 AM. At 8:15 the DR came in and broke my water. I had only dilated 1 cm, we thought we would be there for awhile at that rate. At 9:15 I asked for my epidural because the contractions were pretty crazy. The annesitiesologist (sp?) came in and told me I was lucky, the lady next door asked for her's just right after I did. So I was first!!! He gave me the epidural ran over next door to give the other lady hers, at which point I turned to the nurse and said "UHH, I feel like I need to go to the "bathroom" She looked at me funny and told me she needed to check me. She did and said "You are dilated completely, i need to go call the Dr. Don't push, just relax" and then she rolled me over on my side. I was thinking "don't push!!!!! Heck, it's taking everything I have just to keep him in!!!" So the epidural had not had enough time to be completely working so I could feel the contractions still. The DR ran over, and I pushed 5 times (combined total of 3 min) and out came SAWYER!!! That was a unique experience to feel everything, the burning and stretching. Interesting. Right after Sawyer came out, the Anistesiologist walked back in and said "Do I hear a baby?" followed up with "Sorry, you didn't get the chance to really feel the full effect." The nurse said if I had been the 2nd lady I wouldn't have gotten what I did get. 10 min AFTER he was born my legs were profoundly numb. He's been so much fun!! We love him to pieces and are so glad he is here. Yep, we are up a lot more at night, but I wouldn't trade it for a thing. (I am not having the usual, Gee I wish he was back inside, thinking)

31 comments:

Sasha said...

Michelle-

He is beautiful! And I absolutely LOVE his name!!

Congratulations mama!!

Sasha

Amy said...

Yay!! He is adorable!! So happy for you.

The Holland Family said...

Congrats to you all. He is beautiful! And believe it or not he was born on my angel Mia's 7th birthday. Happy B-day to them both. Best of Luck with your new little Sawyer. Love Nicole - Mia's mom ^i^

Anonymous said...

Congrats Michelle!!! He is adorable! Maybe all the "belly-dancing" helped you during labor :) Hope you and Sawyer are happy and healthy! He is a perfect addition to your beautiful family!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Michelle, he is gorgeous. Congrats to you and your family. I wish you all the best.
Love,
Becky McCann

p.s. how do you look so good after labor? I'm jealous. My pictures were not so pretty, haha.

Kristy E.B. said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for your family! Glad your labor was fast, but sorry no pain relief!! Glad you're enjoying your Sawyer--he's a cutie!

Melissa said...

He is so beautiful! He looks a lot like Gavin. Congratulations, to you both. We are excited to meet him.

Amber said...

He is such an adorable baby. THe kids keep asking me to put Sawyers pic up on the screen so they can see him. They also keep asking when we can "see him moving on the computer like Jaron and Michelle". Meaning the web cam. I am so happy for the two of you. You deserve all the happiness there is. We love you.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

So happy for you Jaron and Shell! He is so darling.

justin said...

Congratulations! Such precious pictures! Glad everything went well and so fast, how nice!!

justin said...

This is Sarah by the way. I didn't realize I was signed in as Justin.

janalee said...

Oh, he has a beautiful face :) I am so glad he is here, and healthy. Congratulations to you both!
Love, Janalee

Shelley Family said...

Love the pictures! He is such a cutie and you look fabulous in all of them too! I can't wait to come see both of you again :)

jessi said...

He is a beautiful baby!!!! Congrats guys! We are so happy for you

Adrienne said...

Congrats, girl! He just looks so cute and cuddly.
It sounds like you had a dream labor, too! Of course, it could have been perfect if the drugs had kicked in before it was time to push, but still sounds like it really well.
So happy for you!

jel-gar said...

Oh Michelle - he is so beautiful. You look so beautiful. What a cute name. I'm so happy for you.

Ralae said...

He's way cute! I wish I could see him in person while he's so tiny. Alas, I will have to wait til August (I'm stoked about seeing you all then!). Oh, Jon Mark was laughing REALLY REALLY hard last night about something Jaron said (you told me he said), but I won't leave it on the blog for everyone to read. I'll have to tell you later, but I haven't seen Jon Mark laugh THAT hard in a LONG time!

Angenette said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful! I was just thinking about you today and wondering if he was here! I'm glad it went so well for you. Let me know when you are up for visitors!

Love, Angenette

Bridget said...

Congratulations! I love the bunny.

Heidi Ann said...

Darling, simply darling! Congrats, SO happy for you!

soften said...

Oh he is so cute! I'm glad your labor went well - despite the epidural kicking in a little late. Enjoy him, I think he looks like Gavin. He's so adorable!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely perfect. So excited for you!
Love,
Andrea

Lynnie said...

I'm so glad I decided to check your blog tonight - am I wrong or did you have a few weeks left?! Good job huney! He is seriously one of the most beautiful newborn babies I've ever seen. Enjoy him, as I'm sure you're already doing.

Steph said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. I have had the baby come without the epidural working also, and it was not so fun! I am sure Gavin is beaming from ear to ear about his new sibling. I am so happy for you guys.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I'm thrilled for you!!!!!!! Way to go. He is gorgeous! I want to cry!

Meredith said...

He is so precious- I loved your pictures. Congrats! I'm so happy for you. :) I can't believe that he came out so quickly- that is crazy! I guess that little guy was just ready to hurry up and get here.

Crystal said...

I am so excited to meet him!

Saratoga Six said...

He is so handsome and has a perfect complexion! You are so tough too, to say the pain of birth was "interesting!" So very glad you are enjoying your baby together.

Michelle Arnett said...

Congratulations! I am so so happy for you! He's so handsome. So much love:)

Leanne said...

Congrats! He is beautiful. I'm glad everything went well!

Peggy said...

Congratulations Michelle and Jaron! He is so adorable, we are so happy for you and that everything went well!