Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Who did Gavin send????

Well we had our ultrasound today. The technician was so sweet. She said that she had noticed that we had come in previously for an ultrasound. I told her, "actually 4 ultrasounds". Then she asked if I had been having problems and we told her about Gavin. That I was extremely sensitive and paranoid. She was shocked at our story and I think because of it she took about 30 ultrasound pictures for us. (literally, I counted) She was so wonderful. They tried to do the 4-D ultrasound but the baby was laying on it's belly. And she told us to come back at 28 weeks and she would do the 4-D again. The picture up above is a profile.


Here is J.J's foot. You can count the toes!!

Here is a front view of JJ's face. And the next picture is the one you've all been waiting for. Gavin sent us HIS little BROTHER!!!

She took probably 6 pictures just of his man parts. She is positive it's a boy, she said that if it's not we could have her paycheck. The picture above is like you are looking at his bum. That thing poking out is his man part. We are thrilled, and so greatfull for this little guy who comes to our family. At first I thought, "Gavin is so perfect, a celestial little being. How can I love these other children that are (hopefully) normal." But then I read a fellow angel Mom's blog. her husband wrote that he was overwhelemed with a sense of gratitude to this baby that followed his sister. What a specail child he was, to enter knowingly, into a family whose hearts had been broken. To come at a time of grief, to bring a little bit of heaven with them(his words were much better). And then my whold oppinion changed for JJ. What a special little soul he is. To come to our family at this time. Knowing what it was he entered into. We are so blessed. I read somewhere that the baby that follows the loss of a child is called a "rainbow baby", and that truly is what JJ is for us. He is our rainbow. Hopefully Gavin has preped him as much as possible for the duty of dealing with his crazy Mom!!!!

20 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

HOORAY!!!! I'm so excited for you guys to have another cute and precious little baby boy. That is probably comforting to know that he looks healthy. Hope you're feeling well Michelle!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys too! What clear ultrasound pictures! Hope you are feeling better.

JACK!E said...

Oh my gosh I thought for 100% sure it was going to be a girl! A little brother must be exactly what you guys need right now because Gavin and the Lord know best. :D Congratulations! Rainbow Baby...I really like that, and have never thought of it that way.
-Jackie (Elena's niece)

jessi said...

I told you it was going to be a boy!!!!!! I am so excited for you! How are you feeling?? Want to go snow shoeing?

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!! Did I know it? I knew it! Get ready for an overload of baby blue gifts. Let's plan this shower baby!!!!

janalee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ralae said...

I'm glad that everything went okay. Let me know when you think of HIS name!

bugnose7 said...

JJ has some big shoes to step into. I bet he will also bring you extra love from Gavin. We rejoice in your happy news.

Tiera said...

JJ has probably told him to not eat peas. They are disgusting! That and nursing is the best thing in the world!

Meredith said...

:) :) :) Yay!!!! You are going to have a very special little boy and I am so excited for you!!! Congrats.

Crystal said...

Boys are the BEST! I am so happy for you! Congrats!

Kass said...

Wow! Those are awesome picts. Congratulations on your little boy on the way. Couldn't be happier for you! Hope to see you soon! Kass in Ogden :)

Lisa said...

Yahoo! I am so happy for you. Watch out, you think you know what to expect with boys and then they surprise you.

Peggy said...

Congrats on having a boy! How exciting! I loved your institute story - how special!

Amber said...

YAH!! I am so happy for you guys. I'm sure Gavin gave him all the good tips, and told him all about what a special family he is going to be a part of. Jaron will be able to play video games with him, and you can sit and rock him as long as you want. I hope he will be the worlds biggest cuddler. Let us know if you need anything. Also...JJ is a great boys name, and it would be a very sweet and tender story that he could tell people when they ask him what JJ stands for. I look forward to meeting this sweet little one.

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for the news of having a little boy! SO fun! Gavin surly hand picked him! :)

Ashley said...

Hi Michelle! I am friends with Ralae and you e-mailed me a few weeks ago right after I lost my baby Miles. I am so glad I found your blog and I'm sorry I never responded to your e-mail. As I'm sure you know, I was going through a period of time where I didn't feel like talking to anyone. Anyways, I am so happy for you and your husband that you are getting a second cute little boy!!!

Saratoga Six said...

The biggest congrats ever! What exciting news! The love doesn't diminish, it only multiplies. :)

Sew Very Cute said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you! That profile shot is the prettiest ultrasound I have ever seen!
Love,
Krista

Ralae said...

Miss Michelle, I love ya but it has been over two weeks since you updated your blog! I guess you were having too much fun with your mom in town and with school. I'm sure biology is LOADS of fun.