We spent our Christmas in Arizona this year. It was a good thing. I think being down where is was warm really helped out with missing Gavin. I'd have a bad morning and then go outside and lay in the sun, seemed to help. But I'm getting ahead of myself, let's start from the beginning.
We flew down, it had been a week since I last threw up but the plane ride didn't help. The stewardess held off another lady trying to go to the restroom and waved me in gagging all the way. I puked in a NASTY airplane bathroom (not recommended) then we had to circle the airport when we got there. I turned to Jaron and said "if we circle one more time, i am going to barf". We circled one more time. The whole landing I was barfing away into a trash bag. That was lovely.
Jaron and I slept in every morning and laid in the sun.
We played girl football. That was interesting, seeing as how 2 of the 3 of us were pregnant. (Girl football has diffrent rules then regular football. Boys can only catch with one hand and it has to be there left hand. Every boy on the team had to tag the girl with the ball to be considered down. They skipped when they were going out for a pass and had to walk once the caught the ball.) Those last two rules were new, Ralae and I couldn't keep up bouncing babies around in our bellys. It was really fun though.
Ralae and I went to see "The curious case of Benjamin Button." I HATED IT!!!!! I found it very long and boring, but it was the ending that about destroyed me. I won't ruin it for any one who wants to see it. But I ran from the theater sobbing. Tried to get control in the bathroom but was unsuccessful. I cried all the way home until I saw Jaron. Then I started sobbing again and we went for a walk. I felt better after that. (The ending had particular meaning for me, I wouldn't anticipate such a reaction from anyone else. Nobody in the theater was crying except for me, just in case you are wondering.)
We drove from warm sunny Arizona, to cold snowy Kanabe for a day and half to go to my Grandpa's Funeral. He passed away the Sunday before Christmas. Jessica, Jaron, and I drove down that Sunday to be with him. We were there for 45 minutes, we talked to him and told him that we loved him and to look Gavin up when he got to where he was going. Then he passed away quietly. We appreciated him waiting for us. His funeral was that Saturday. It was hard, to close to Gavin.
We spent a lot of fun time with family playing "Murder in the dark". Those were so funny moments.
We said goodbye to 2008, and hoped that 2009 would hold beauty and life for us. (I'm glad 2008 is over. I've said goodbye to three people in the last 4 months and hope that that is enough)
Overall is was a great time with family. Plenty of relaxing, and wonderful sun. (Don't be jealous:)
11 comments:
Sounds like a well deserved vacation. Glad you made it safely even though your stomach didn't, no fun. That is pretty special that you got to see your grandpa before he passed away. Gavin will be so happy to have his Great Grandpa to hang out with.
Hope you are feeling better and that you have a better this year too! Love ya!
I AM jealous of sunny weather! But, I am glad you guys got to "get away".
You are such a cute girl, what do you want to do for your birthday next week??? Seriously whatever you want.
Even if it is making another trip to fetal photos :)
Michelle, I was sitting in church yesterday and I was trying to decide if I had grown spiritually during this past year. I felt like I had but it wasn't from the fun times or the vacations. It was because of the hard times our families have faced and feeling the Lord giving peace and comfort and seeing all the tender mercies. We don't like the hard times but you truly come to know the Lord when you have no place else to go. I am glad you got a break. Love you guys, Sherrie
I'm glad you guys had such a fun time in Arizona. Hope you have a much better year and can't wait to hear what you guys are having!
I am so glad you are back!!! Give me a call so we can hang out... or maybe start walking laps in my house since it is cold and snowy outside :)
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'm glad that Gavin has someone there to hold him and play with him now :-).
I am sooooo jealous of the sun. We have had nothing but cloud cover, and -10 degree weather. And that is the actual temperature, NOT the windchill. THe windchill is around -20 to -25. It has been nasty cold.
I'm glad you guys got to relax. I too hope that 2009 brings lots of love and good memories. We miss you both and love you!!
I'm sorry that you have been so sick! I hope that it is over for you now. Your post took me back to flying to the Dominican Republic at 5 weeks and getting stuck at the airport and being violently ill. Man....I feel for ya!
2008 was a difficult year. 2009 will be better. You'll be holding JJ before you know it. And, I'm SURE that Gavin gave him a hug before he left Heaven. He probably warned him about the loud McAvoy side, and of the sincerity of the Larsen's. I'm sure he told JJ that his Aunt Jessica would be expecting lots of cuddles, that Kevin would blow in his ear a lot. But, above all else, I'm sure he took JJ aside, just before he came to earth to tell him, "you're one lucky kid, because that mom and dad of yours are pretty awesome. Go easy on mom when she gets a little paranoid, she did have a tough year after all. And, if she spanks you a lot, it's because she loves you and thinks you're so cute. She may even try to scare you because it makes her laugh. And, dad, well--he likes to play a little rough--but it's way fun. You'll sure know you're loved. Oh, and uh--keep working on that uncle of yours... we'll be working up here. He'll come around. Love you." I love you, Michelle. You're still in our prayers.
Oooo, that's nice you got to escape the snow! Glad you got to enjoy family for the holidays too. I too hope that 2009 is your best year yet.
We're glad you had a nice, relaxing and WARM Christmas vacation! It's always nice to relax in the sunshine. Hope you start feeling better with the pregnancy soon.
Michelle:
It was so WONDERFUL to finally meet you friday night. You are so cute and I appreciate all that you shared that night. Thanks for all the love and support you give me. I can't wait for the day that we will get to introduce our boys to each other and watch them grow and play together. I also hope we will get to spend more time together sometime. If you are ever down south it would be so great to get together. You are wonderful! I'm praying for you!
Love ya!
Post a Comment