Gavin is such a sweet spirit. (And he sticks his tongue out when concentrating just like his mom!)
I've been struggling recently. When we first lost Gavin, I felt completely surrounded by angels and spirits that we couldn't see, but I knew were there lifting us and carrying us along. The increase of spirit was amazing. "The Comforter" had new and real meaning for me. But as time has gone on, I've literally felt some of these beings leaving me, to fend on my own. It's hard to be so reliant for peace on these unseen people, and then to have to stand on your "own" again. It's been a struggle, but I've had several experiences this week that have strengthened me. I know my Gavin is still here. He knows my heart and the amount that I miss him. He misses me too. So the experience:
I went to institute this week (for those that don't know is like school, but you study the scriptures) and we were talking about the Book of Mormon. Well the teacher says "Have any of you ever been rocked? Something happens in your life and you feel shaken to the core?" nobody said anything, but I was thinking, "mmmm Yeah" and then he said "Am I the only one?" to which I raised my hand. Then he spoke about how when those moments come and you feel broken to stop and look at what you KNOW. Look at your foundation. (That statement was an answer to prayer, a direct answer.) Then this next part stole my breath away. He said "To those of you who have lost a loved one, did you know that prayer doesn't stop when we die. Your loved one continue to pray for you even after they left this life. I don't know why I've gotten off on this topic, but oh well." I wanted to stand and shout "Gavin, I know you are here. I know that those are your words to me. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!" There was no doubt in my mind that those words that the instuctor "didn't know why" he was saying them were whispers from Gavin. He prays for us. He prays for us everday, just as Jaron and I pray for him. I justed bawled at that point. After the lesson I went up to the instuctor and told him that the reason we got so off on a tangent was because of me. That I had lost my son in August. And those words were the ones I so desperatly needed to hear. What a precious little boy I have. And how greatful I am for the gospel. When it seems I can't go any further, I've reached my limit. The Lord in his sweetest mercies sends a measure of strength. What a blessing it was this week to hear from my son.
10 comments:
I love that Michelle.
I LOVE that tender mercy! Oh, Gavin loves you soooo much!
Thanks for sharing that. It's nice to know that people are probably praying for me and my family too.
Thanks for sharing your story- it was beautiful. I hope that you are still hanging in there- you really look great and I just think that you are amazingly strong. Your post got me thinking about life and death and how it really opens your eyes to how close the spirit world really is. It's amazing. Can't wait to see you on saturday. Or maybe we shall meet in the bathroom again this week! :)
Michelle, that story literally brought tears to my eyes. What a neat experience! I'm sure Gavin misses you too and is so grateful he has the best parents to enjoy his brief mortal journey with. I'm still praying for you guys every day!! I wish I could do or say something more for you to take the pain away.
What beautiful words. Thank you for sharing that with us. I'll have to share that with my mom. I love that about the gospel, just when you feel alone, depressed, not at peace, etc. You hear a song or someone say something that is just what you needed to get you back on track and feeling peace again. To remember that we aren't alone, ever, he is always there loving us and watching over us.
That was beautiful Michelle. I got chills when I read that experience. And congratulations on a boy! I get tears in my eyes when I think of the precious time Gavin is spending with his little brother right now. The Gospel is so beautiful. You are in my prayers that you're heart can continue to bear this grief especially when the frequent, hard moments come. Thank you for you're strength and testimony.
--Janelle
Gavin is going to be such an amazing older brother. I know he will always be watching over you.
I didn't know that either. What a wonderful blessing. What a great teacher too, to be led by the spirit like that.
Post a Comment