Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Days

I know, I know it's been forever since I last updated. My days have been very full. School has been overwhelmingly taking up much of my time. Good thing that Jaron is a Biology major or we would never spend any time together. As it is, he tutors me for about 8 hours a week, when I have a test. (so every other week). I haven't done anything fun recently. Just school. Naps. Cereal. I think the lack of attention that Jaron is receiving is affecting him. He started growing a beard. I think that he is beginning to turn into a full fledged mountain man. If he starts to avoid human contact then I'll get him help.



I don't know why but my days have been filled with missing Gavin. Just the smallest things trigger this immense grief that floods me. Every time I see a police car or hear an ambulance I start bawling. (That's dangerous, since I'm usually driving somewhere) And it takes me back to that day. Then I usually have to drive to Costco so Jaron can hold me until I can breath again. Or drive over to my sister in law Tiera's to hold her little "Chasey Bug". It's just so weird how the smallest insignificant things can stop me in my tracks. School has been rough in that instance. The things that people say, unknowingly, that take my breath away. It's just a weird thing that is impossible to describe. Grief is a funny thing. How is it that it can literally steal your breath, that physically it really feels like this weight is crushing down on your chest, and breathing, just breathing takes effort. Sorry for the downer guys. Maybe that's another reason I haven't been blogging. But here is a quote that I've wanted to share for awhile (maybe it'll make up for the downer) It's in a book written my Neal A Maxwell, caller "All these things shall give thee Experience and be for your good."...

"Time is clearly not our natural dimension. Thus it is that we are never really at home in time. Alternately, we find ourselves wishing to hasten the passage of time or to hold back the dawn. We can do neither, of course, but whereas the fish is at home in water, we are clearly not at home in time- because we belong to eternity . Time, as much as any one thing, whisper to us that we are strangers here."

That is how I feel. I am a stranger here, and losing Gavin has made that so much more evident. This is not my natural sphere, it is with my Father in Heaven. (and my little love)

(This is my favorite picture of Gavin and Jaron. I think it's because you can see how much they actually look like each other)

And here is a picture of me at almost 23 weeks ( 5 1/5 months) Thought I would put that one in just for fun. Hopefully I've moved into the "oh she's pregnant phase" instead of the" is she pregnant or weird fat??" Who knows:)

14 comments:

jessi said...

Michelle- You are so cute, you never look weird fat! I hope your days start to get brighter.

Ralae said...

I've been a little worried about you. I told Jon Mark that if you didn't blog soon or call me back soon, then I was going to go crazy on you (remember how I was when Jessica got busy that one time??). I could sense that maybe your days have been a little harder recently. Just want you to know that I love you and I'm here if you need me (wish I was there). Call me back when you get the chance so we can talk. I don't know your school schedule and always hesitate because I'm afraid I'll catch you in class. I'll try again though. You look cute!

Lisa said...

I don't understand it but somedays it seems like the grief is harder and is getting worse as time goes by. I understand also about trying to make your blog sound happy so that you can continue your front that your okay, but its okay not to be okay. I want to talk about Gabe all the time. I want to think about him all the time. I know your rainbow baby will fill a void in your life but there will always be a missing piece of your heart. Please write anytime about Gavin. You need to heal and let your feeling out. Adam avoids reading my blog because he starts crying everytime he reads it but I have to share those feeling or I can't manage life. Take each day one at a time and know Gavin is smiling that big beautiful smile and saying "its okay mom, Im playing with Gabe"
I love you!

Tiera said...

Love your belly it is so cute! You are welcome to come hold Chasey anytime. It is actually nice to have some female company once in awhile!

Kristy E.B. said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl!! I love your quote by Elder Maxwell, it is so true! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time lately. You are still in my prayers and I hope you guys are hanging in there as much as possible.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

You are the cutest little prego I have seen. I love when you write about cute Gavin. You can always walk next door when you need to talk.

Amber said...

I always love reading your blog. It helps me to feel closer to you both. Always feel free to express your true feelings. If your sad, it's ok, if your happy it too is ok. We are human and here on this earth to experience things. Why not take joy in the different feelings we are blessed with. I'm so glad that my little brother is there for you, and is able to be a strong shoulder for you to cry on. He is just like my dad, silent, yet strong and loving. That is a quality that I absolutely adore about my father and my brothers. Please know that we pray for you two often, and are so excited at the prospect of maybe coming out to see you all during Christmas break (so Will can interview as well). Take care of eachother, and the Lord will take care of the rest. I love you!!

Melissa said...

That quote is amazing. I've never thought about it that way. By the way you look pregnant. Weird fat that's funny. We miss you guys!

What Karen Sees said...

I also love that quote. It helps me to see past my immediate life situation and sense a glimpse of the eternities when our joy will be complete, and we will look back and see how all life's experiences were for a reason and according to a plan designed by our Creator. Sometimes at home when it is quiet and I am alone, I feel Gavin near. I know he is watching over you both and wishing he could take your grief away. Time is indeed our enemy and our friend on this earth life. I love you.

Ralae said...

Hey, I posted my preggo picture.

Sarah said...

You can type or talk about Gavin whenever you feel like it. It helps us bloggers know him & your family better. Feel of your love for him and his sweet angel spirit.
You are a very cute pregnant woman. I hope you aren't feeling sick with the pregnancy anymore.

Shelley Family said...

You look so cute! And Jesse is starting to look like Jaron these days too :) I miss you! The weather has been great, we should walk one of these days if you feel up to it.

bugnose7 said...

Isn't it interesting how the experiences you go through in life especially the tough ones rob you of your innocent, carefree attitude. You will never be the same and when you read the scriptures or sit in a class or hear a song your reference to life will never be the same. It will be richer, deeper, and your actual outlook will be clearer, because you see the goal of eternal life.

Saratoga Six said...

"Weird fat" you are not. :) You are very, very cute and I'm so glad you hear you're doing so well with school! I have enjoyed getting to know Gavin better through your blog. He is so cute.