Dude: "Hey, Michelle what are you doing this weekend"
Me: "Um... I don't know."
Dude: "Do you want to go to a movie?"
Me: "Um....Prrrooobbbabbly not"
Dude promptly turns around and leaves with out another word.
Then I walked away from the class thinking, "Did he just ask me on a date? No, there's no way. He knows I'm pregnant, he knows I am happily married to my wonderful husband, He knows we already have one child together, he know's that child's name is Gavin, and he knows that Gavin is waiting for us in heaven. So there's no way. But, DID he just ask me on a date?" I am still puzzled as to that event, and I am not sure of what his intentions were. Maybe he was hoping that we would go on a double date, and thus he could meet my tutor (aka Husband) who's been assisting in my aceing the tests, and he wants a piece of that? If that's the case why didn't he say, "Do you want to go on a double" or "do you AND your husband want to hang out/study/etc". So interpret as you may. I haven't come to any conclusions. But I will say, it did put a smile on my face. How many people can say they were asked on a date when they were 6 months pregnant??!! HAHAHAHAH That is funny.
12 comments:
That is pretty funny. You do look pretty cute with your little belly!
It's because you're so drop dead gorgeous, Michelle. Um, by the way, what library are you using??
Well, not surprised someone as cute as you getting asked out on a date when your prego! That always makes you feel good!
Shoot, I read that book and mine had no money but I did like the book so it wasnt a loss.
They say pregnany women have a glow, he must have noticed your glow.
Sweet, I think I'll have to check out more books just in case.
You are such a cute woman who couldn't resist to just try to ask you out even if they knew they didn't have a chance because you're happily married & pregnant. Too funny.
You're one hot mama you know! Seriously what was that guy thinking. Did you show him that $50 you found. Maybe he was just after your money.
Wow- in all my years majoring in English with an Emphasis in Literary studies I never did pick up a book and walk away with $50. Apparently I am reading the wrong things!
And your second story....hmmm...I don't know what to make of that either. Who asks a pregnant married woman if they wanted to go to the movies with them? Did he expect you to say, "Yes, I often go out to movies with strange young men when I get bored."? Seriously....
Those stories are great Michelle! I wish I could find 50 bucks laying around in my library books!
I love that you (happily married and PREGNANT) got asked out! What a fun story to tell your kids!
So cute Michelle. You are one beautiful woman inside and out, so who could resist. As for the money..see blessings come when you do your homework...or at least thats what I try to tell Will. Maybe this will motivate him to read and study harder. You deserve it. Take it, and do something fun together as a couple. In years to come you can laugh about all of this.
What did you spend the 50 bucks on??? That's pretty cool! That guy must be kind of creepy in order to hit on a happily married pregnent woman!
Michelle, not that you aren't amazing, because you are, but maybe he just wanted to make a new friend. Why can't a married woman hang out with an unmarried guy just as friends? I don't get it. If it was a girl and she asked you to the movies it'd be a completely different story. But because it's a guy it's automatically assumed to be a date.
Post a Comment