Sunday, November 9, 2008
My kindness shall not depart from Thee!!!
I love this song. The first time I heard it was in June. I bought the Joseph Smith CD for Jaron for Father's Day and it was on there. I was really impressed with this song. It really touched me. No matter the trial, the Lord does not leave us comfort less. I had no idea what this song would mean to me in a mere 2 months. I had no idea that when I felt the spirit whisper to my heart that truth, "NO matter the trial, the Lord does not leave us comfort less." that I would eventually be learning the true meaning of that sentence. I thought my trials were great enough. I had no idea. I listened to this song shortly after Gavin passed away, and I truly felt as though Heavenly Father was truly trying to bring me the peace that I so desperately needed. I felt like he was saying these words specifically to me.
But with everlasting kindness will I gather thee,
And with mercy will I take thee ‘neath my wings,
For the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
But know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!
Life is hard, but HIS kindness is there always. That is the choice. If we chose it the Lord can take broken things and make them new. Not just new, better.
Though thine afflictions seem
At times too great to bear,
I know thine every thought and every care.
And though the very jaws
Of hell gape after thee I am with thee.
He knows my pain. I am not whithering away unknown. He knows the loss we've suffered. There was a time when He did the very same thing. He watched while they took his ONLY begotten son, they scorned him, they beat him, they crucified him. But our Heavenly Father allowed it. Because it was through this GREAT sacrifice, that all who were wanting and willing could be partakers of Salvation. We could return again to be with our Heavenly Father. Christ broke the bands of death and sin. He knows this Hell that I am in and he has not left us. His kindness shall not depart from me.
How long can rolling waters
Remain impure?
What pow’r shall stay the hand of God?
The Son of Man hath descended below all things.
Art thou greater than He?
No, I am not. I am not greater than the Savior of the World. Christ knows the pain of temptation. He knows the pain of transgression, He knows the pain of Loss and loneliness. He knows what it is like to suffer for every sin that could be committed on this earth and then redeemed us all. So no, I am not greater then HE. This trial that seems to great to bear ( and it is with out him) is but the refiners fire. When the silversmith is refining his silver he must put it in the hottest part of the fire to burn out the impurities for just the right amount of time. Not to long, Not to short. He knows when the silver is ready when he can see him image in it. We are the silver. We are being refined, the impurities are being cast out. Until the Lord can see his image in us.
So hold on thy way,
For I shall be with thee.
And mine angels shall encircle thee.
Angels are real. They comfort and up hold us when we don't have the strength to do it on our own. Heavenly Father sent Christ angels in the Garden to lift him. He does the same for us. If we will slow down and listen. They yearn for our success. They cheer us on. So hold on thy way!!!!!
But know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!
My kindness shall not depart from thee!
Above all this, KNOW MY CHILD, my kindness shall not depart from thee. It is our choice. The Lord does not force himself on any who does not want to receive. We must choose. He stands at the door and knocks, it is our choice to let him in. The Lord will come to us in any affliction, great or small, because he loves us. It is unconditional. There is a God in Heaven! And he did send his SON!! We have the wonderful opportunity to chose to take part in the Atonement. He has already suffered it for us, and leaves it up to us to chose it. What a beautiful thing. I will see my sweet little Love again. It will be a beautiful day when I take him in my arms again, never to be separated. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!! It is the only way we survive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a beautiful song- thank you for sharing it :)
Janalee [Myles' mom, from the angel blog]
You are the most amazing person I have ever met! Your strength through this tough trial has taught me so much, and has strengthened me. Thank you for continually sharing your testimony and thoughts and feelings. We love you! Jessi and Kevin
Thanks for sharing the song and your words. You have been given such great strength and knowledge it amazes me. Thank you for lifting others with your words.
Michelle, you are truly an amazing person.
The walls are a yellow- brown/beige. I know that sounds like poop but I don't know how else to explain it! :) It's a camel brown. We are trying to get Charlie ready for the baby. She is a pretty emotional little thing so we are getting everything set up early so that she can get used to it and so that the only big change in March is the baby. She loves to play in the nursery and sleep in there....whether or not she likes the baby is another question! We have a game plan though. We are just going to be careful and watch her every move and make sure that she still gets attention and hopefully she will transition well. The crying may stress her out a little bit but we hope that she will accept the little guy. We shall see.
I needed a spiritual boost today, thanks.
You and Jaron are amazing. You both are such a strength in our family. How blessed we are to be able to learn from your testimonies. I love you and pray for you both.
My name is Diana Fischer, and Jessi gave me your blog; I hope you don't mind that I wrote! Three years ago in August, I lost my oldest son, who was 2 1/2. My heart breaks for you in your loss of your sweet son! When I loss my Caydin, a wonderful woman who had loss her son to cancer a few years earlier gave me a wonderful thought that I would like to pass on to you. She told me that the weight of pain that you feel now is like a mountain on your chest, it's crushing, you can hardly breath. But, as time passes, this mountain will get chipped away at and rounded until it becomes a smooth stone you can carry with you in your pocket. It will take time, and you seem to already recognize this, but it will get easier with time. You will never be able to move on, just live on in your new life. Gavin will always be a big part of your life and will always be with you, even in not always in the way you (or we) want! Peace will come, quietly, but it will come. It can be hard to recognize at first because the stabbing pain of missing them is so intense, but it is there and will always be there. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
I love that song too. And now it will have new meaning for me. Thanks so much for sharing.
Post a Comment