What could the three of those things have in common. I am so excited you asked!!!!
I substituted with Jaron in his primary class (kid sunday school). We were talking about Easter and how Jesus died and such. We got to the part in the lesson where the women came to the tomb to put spices and oils on Jesus' body.
Jaron: Do you guys know what spices are?
(unanimous "no" head shake from the class)
Jaron: Spices are like Salt and Pepper
That's when I saw this one particularly active young boy pause, still as can be in his seat, and look at Jaron with a face that said "What? They put Salt and pepper on Jesus? My whole world has just been rocker"
I burst into laughter and then explained that they didn't put Salt and pepper on Jesus, they used other spices like frankincense and Mur. So fun. Jaron is pretty sure that, that was all he took away from the lesson. Nothing like confusing the rising generation!!!! ( p.s Jaron is seriously the best primary teacher. He is so awesome with the kids. And so dang funny!!!!)
6 comments:
Sounds like an unforgettable lesson for those kids.
I bet that kid will remember that lesson.
This made my day. I am laughing so hard I'm crying! We miss your funny humor M! When will there be another family reunion and we can play games and watch you laugh?
Very funny! Like Art Linkletter used to say, "Kids say the darnedest things!"
Too funny. I'm sure he won't forget that lesson.
Hey! Those kids ARE listening after all! Way to catch that fast. ;-)
Post a Comment