Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Evelyn May is here!!

Baby sister arrived and she has a name!!! Evelyn May was 6lbs 10 oz. Smallest baby I've ever had, and I carried her longest....explain that one.
 A week before delivery

And these are the other 2 stars of the show. Our nurse Beth and Evelyn....Why is Beth one of the stars.....funny you should ask.

I had wanted to try and do it naturally. I was able to do so with Bear, and our insurance sucks rocks. So I thought hey if I can do this naturally then we could save several hundred bucks. They started the induction and after 1hour and 50 minutes I was done. I asked Beth to check me and she said I was a 6. A 6!!!!!(I was a 6 when I walked into the hospital with Bear).  Yeah right.  I requested an epidural. and Beth told me that she had to pump me with some fluids for 10 minutes before they could give me the epidural.......10 min later Beth comes in and Jaron askes her to check me again. I'm 7.5 to 8 cm now. I don't care, I'll take that epidural please. I ask how much longer and she tells me he's right outside the door. Now we will move to dialogue

Beth: Are you having any pushing pains?
Me: No just some really bad contractions
Beth: Okay swing you legs over the side of the bed, and you Jaron grab the stool and slide over here
(i swing my legs over)
Me: Uuuhhh UUUhhhhh I'm having pushing pains. UUUUHHHH UUUHHHH
(Anestiologist walks is)
Me: UUUHHH UUHHHH SHE'S COMING!!!!!
(i lay down on my side just as her head pops out)
Beth (to anesthologist): Grab that table!!
Anesthologist: Uh.....uh.......what table? (Anesthologist exists)
Beth presses the call button
Beth: I need some help in here. I have a precipitous birth.
Help lady: Should i call the Dr?
Beth: Um yes. Call the dr.

A couple seconds later we had about 7 nurses walk in the room and scoop Evelyn up (there was merconium in the water, so the plan was to have a newborn unit there prior to the birth to make sure she didn't breath any in). Don't worry she's fine. No inhalation of the merconium. So Beth delivered the baby and the Dr arrived about 5 minutes later. He said that they should have called him when i hit an 8, and I told him that I went from a 6 to delivery in 10 min. He nodded his head and said "That's true. I would't have made here even if I was down the hall". So that was a lot of fun. Jaron said I need to stop trying to out do myself with birthing our children.

She is soooooo little. You would think there's not a big difference between a 7lb baby and 6lb baby. BUT THERE IS!!!!!! She is so dang itty bitty it's adorable!!! Case and point, NONE of her headbands come close to fitting her tiny head. Look at that flower!!! It's the size of her head!!! LOVE IT!!!

 We are fearful for Evelyn whenever Bear comes around, he loves her too much. And when Bear get's excited he gets kind of aggressive....not something you want with a newborn
When Sawyer saw her for the first time all he could do was giggle. I wish we had gotten that on camera. It was so cute. The look on his face was priceless. "That's my baby sister! hehehehehehe Baby sister came out of your belly. heheheheheheh." Sooooo cute.

They both love to hold her. I've got more pictures on my phone if I can figure out how to load them on my computer. Several pictures of the boys holding Evelyn. We just love her so much!!!!! Glad you picked our family EVEIE!!!!!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Sounds like we had similar delivery's. Beautiful girl and beautiful name.

Sarah said...

Not sure if my comment went through or not, so I'm making another comment :)

Congratulations on your new family member! She is beautiful and I love her name. Your family is beautiful also! Sounds like we had similar delivery experiences.

Lynnie said...

HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!! She's adorable and I'm so glad for you guys!! Love the name too.

What Karen Sees said...

Love the narrative!!! And I'm also so glad Evelyn came to our family. We can't wait to see her. And you've got to figure out a way to get that close up photo to sent us off your camera and onto the blog. It really shows how darling she it! Love you all!!

Kristy E.B. said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you family. It's so much fun having a girl, even though boys are fun too..just fun to see the differences and to dress her up all cute. Enjoy!

janc@mac.com said...

WE'RE SO EXCITED TO SEE PICTURES AT LAST! I've been checking your blog site everyday since hearing she was born. She is beautiful -- just like her mom. What an exciting birth. You are a hero. I did that several times -- went from 7-10 cm in two pushes. It can be exciting. We're so glad that the birth BASICALLY went well and that she is healthy and beautiful and so ready to be loved by your family. I am missing my 3 new grand babies so much. It's fun to see others arriving too. Congratulations. May you find sleep in the near future!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! Glad the labor and delivery went will and somewhat swiftly! She is SO adorable, I love the huge flower!

bugnose7 said...

We are so excited for you. Every family needs a little girl. Congratulations.

Crystal said...

Way to go doing it natural! I say I am going to do one natural but I haven't yet. There is a HUGE difference in one pound when you are pushing a baby out. Anyway she is beautiful! Congrats!

Lisa said...

Girls are so fun!!!