also would recommend that you use the smaller sponges. They just seemed to work out better then then the larger ones. (p.s it took forever from me to squeeze the dye out till it ran clear... so start days in advance :)
Soooo much fun. The kids loved it. We played "BIG" pirates vs "little" pirates. AKA they really enjoyed pegging the adults with cannon balls.
Next up was "walking the plank" the kids took turns sliding down the slip n slide. Again a big hit :)
Pre-party pirate face. We painted mustaches on anyone that wanted one. I made the pirate hats with fabric from Walmart. (2.88 a yard!!!)
My pirate boys!! ARRRRGHHHGHHH
The Friends that wanted to get pirated up!!! We had so much fun with them.
More plank walking
This was fun. I found this on pintrest, too. (LOVE PINTREST). I took a diaper box and spray painted it brown. Duct taped the inside so that the sand didn't seep out. Then we put their party favors inside and filled it with sand so they had to dig for their treasure!!! We went on a treasure hunt and to find the treasure box. Seriously the kids LOVED this. They collected all the "Booty" and then divided it equally later.
This was my very first cake!! I used my sister-in-law Tiera's supper yummy pudding, choc chip cake. Baked it 2 round cake pans, cut them each in half and then glued them together with the frosting. With a lot of freezing in between, and then shaping it, after it wasn't so soft. Cover it with chocolate butter cream (again pintrest), throw on a pirate sale, and VIOLA!!! Pirate ship. (Is it prideful to be so proud of myself ...? That isn't the definition of pride...right?)
And then the portholes become canons for the candles when it was time to blow out the candles.
So cute, right!!!!?? Well this was my first friend party and i think it went really well. But I was exhausted when it was over. Sawyer loved it, so it was worth it!!!
9 comments:
This is so cute and creative. Sawyer and Bear look darling. Wish we could have been there!
Love,
Mom
That is so cute!!! I noticed you pinning pirate stuff from pinterest. I am in love with pinterest too!
Adorable! You did an awesome job with the party and Cake.
I love pintrest
Looks like tons of fun, such cute and creative ideas! Pinterest is great!
Michelle!!! SOOOOO CAAAUUUTTEEE!!!! I am totally stealing this idea from you sometime!!!! I love the cake too, cute idea to use the canon holes. I wish I was there. I think I'd look good with a goatee!! HAHA!
It sounds like a fabulous FIRST party. I loved all the clever ideas and that the children really had fun with it. Being exhausted after birthday parties. Yes, I remember that well. Really, really well. I don't miss that part of the fun.
So fun! What a cool mom you are. Looks like Sawyer had a blast!
Oh my goodness girl, you did an AMAZING job. I love it. See you fit right in with all us Larsens...all of us creative!!! The boys look like they had a blast. What awesome memories you have made for them.
What a cool party! That cake is amazing! Funny story about the oats man too. If only Uncle Jeff would grow out his white hair that long...
Post a Comment