Sunday, February 7, 2010

Whatever Works

Last night I couldn't stop my mind. It was wandering into areas of my brain that I should stay away from. Bad thoughts were creeping into my head and my anxiety started getting itself worked into a frenzy. Before I knew it I was living in a dream where I had lost Sawyer, and I shook my head and thought "I need to get out of my head". So I said a prayer. I asked Heavenly Father to help to stop this train of thought that was just breaking my heart. A few moments pass, and I get caught up in a thought, just thinking along, thinking, thinking, thinking. What was the thought that COMPLETELY got me off the bad train of thought.....Biology. Yeah, I know. Biology. Weird. I'm in this thought, thinking "Atom, then molecule, the cell, then....tissue, then.....organ, then organ system, then......what comes next...dang it, I know this......I'll start on the next one, population......community.......then ecosystem?....what's before population?......." At this point in my thinking, I thought....."Why the heck am I thinking about Biology and the cycle of Life....at 3 in the morning?" then I realized that my prayer had been answered, in mere moments, and with Biology. Whatever works, I guess. ( I haven't been in biology for almost a year, that is how random that thought was).

Moving on to Soybean......Sorry, The computer isn't loading the video. We'll have to try tomorrow !!!

4 comments:

Ralae said...

The mighty Ralae, who does not sweat has come to post a comment on the lowly Michelle's blog. Yes, how kind of her... As she types this she is smelling her lovely arm pits, because they don't sweat. They smell like lilacs and roses, because did I mention... she doesn't sweat??? HAHA!

Anyway, that was a sweet post. I don't believe in coincidences anymore. Tender mercies are more fitting. I'm glad Heavenly Father put biology into your mind.

bugnose7 said...

What a powerful testimony of prayer.

Lynnie said...

Wow, Michelle - you got way further in your biology thinking than I could have, and I just took biology! You're awesome.

Lisa said...

With the recent complication with my pregnancy I find myself moving into that same part of my brain. thank goodness for prayer and faith.