Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This Valiant Little Spirit


My cousin Sarah emailed this to me. I thought is was beautiful. (thank you Sarah!!)

This Valiant Little Spirit

“I have a special spirit,”
I heard the Savior say.
He needs to come to earth now
But he doesn’t need to stay.

He needs two loving parents
With a testimony strong
To give him a small body
So he can move along..

This valiant little spirit
Proved himself here up above,
But he needs two earthly parents
With unconditional love.

I’ve chosen you, my children,
To be partners in my plan
And when you send him back to me
I hope you’ll understand.

You’ll have to make a sacrifice
That will cause you grief and pain,
To help this precious spirit
His salvation to attain.

I’ve felt the pain and sacrifice
For I gave my life for you.
I atoned for all your worldly sins
That was hard to do.

I know this is a lot to ask,
Of those as young as you,
But with this comes a miracle
To prove my love is true.

When your earthly life is finished
And you’ve grown through grief and pain,
Sweet Gavin and I will greet you
To begin your celestial reign.

Your family will be eternal
Here blessed within my sight
Because you love each other
And you’ve tried to do what’s right.

Anonymous

7 comments:

Ralae said...

Sweet poem, Michelle. Thanks for sharing.

jessi said...

That is such a beautiful poem!

Amber said...

Such a sweet little photo. What a HUGE spirit he has. What a sweet little sould, and what better two people to choose. You and Jaron are such spiritual giants, and the Lord knew that. Thats why he sent you such a sweet boy. Heavenly Father knew the two of you could handle it, and become better people and an even better couple. You are always in our prayers. We love you!!

Meredith said...

Beautiful

Jessimama said...

Wow, that is a beautiful poem.

Peggy said...

That is a beautiful poem. Don't you just love the gospel?

janc@mac.com said...

What a beautiful poem and so perfect for your family. I love the picture of Gavin. Your courage is contagious!