After telling my sister that I have been struggling she told me I should still blog, just make sure it's 50/50. 50 Sawyer and 50 Gavin. Here is Sawyer's half....
Monday, January 4, 2010
50/50
So, I was once again chastised by my sister for not updating more often. Honestly, it's been hard recently. I love laughing...wait that's not strong enough.... I LOVE LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!! And I love making other people laugh, even if it is at me. There is just a music to laughter that I can physically feel in my heart. It lifts, feels lighter, especially if I was some how responsible for that laughter.Thus, the way I've been feeling recently, well....The thing I DISLIKE doing the most is making someone else sad. I hate looking into some else eyes and seeing them hurt and feeling like I was the cause of their tears. (I don't mind tears, it's just if I feel responsible for them... I don't know) Anyway, I feel like part of me has been avoiding blogging because my heart has been hurting recently. I miss THAT little boy so much. My heart has been aching for him. What a crappy Christmas tradition to visit the cold, gray headstone of your precious angel child. Seriously sucks. And then hiding your tears because you don't want them to be contagious. ( Gives you a headache... I promise) And having so many thoughts in your head, but not wanting to speak them or type them because they aren't exactly uplifting. And trying hard to be up-lifting at this "joyous time of year". I've shed so many tears the past few weeks. Sometimes I think "I'm making it. I'm surviving. I think I can do this" and then weeks like this come and I think how much more? Can I do this another 60 years? My sweet Gavin would be 2 1/2 !!!! I would have a 2 1/2 year old running around, throwing wonderful tantrums, breaking things into a million beautiful pieces, and saying some of the funniest, most un-welcomed, truest things that come out of mouths. Forgive the pitty party, I just wish that I could give him a hug, a kiss, and whisper " Little one...I love you...more then you could know, sweetheart". Gavin, my baby boy. I love you. Missing you so much.
The snowman that Jaron built at the cemetery. We used dirt for the eyes, and a poinsettia plant for the hat, and tongue. The snowman was suppose to be Gavin sized, but Jaron got a little overzealous:)

After telling my sister that I have been struggling she told me I should still blog, just make sure it's 50/50. 50 Sawyer and 50 Gavin. Here is Sawyer's half....
What a bunny outfit? How does that fit? Well, my parents came up to visit us for Christmas and my mom saw this loaner Halloween outfit (I know, am I behind or what. Sorry Hailey, they're coming back I promise!!) My mom had to take pictures of Sawyer in the "Runner up" costume. He's so funny.
We played Rock Band to ring in the New year. Yes, folks that is right. This above picture is about as rare as a picture of a Yeti, or Sasquatch...maybe more so....No, your eyes are focused properly, that really is JARON singing on the microphone. Crazy.... I KNOW!!! (but I was so proud of him. Love you BABE!)
Sawyer thought his toes were more interesting then all the hulaboloo
Jessica and I are singing for our friends little girl. She was so stinking cute!! She would imitate what ever we did. So funny. Good times. Good times.
Case and point. There she is pointing as me and shaking her finer "no", because that was what I was doing. She was singing and everything, adorable!!! ( I live vicariously through friends and family and their toddlers:)
Grandpa and Soybean
One of the only pictures of me on Christmas. That's what happens when you are behind the family camera.
Jaron and one of his gifts.
Sawyers opening his present. He much rather preferred the wrapping paper, Oh well.
Thanks Aunt Ralae for this fabulous new toy!! I hope it lives to be gifted to another child!! Ha Ha, Just kidding.... I am sure he will love it........ If I ever let him play with it. (just kidding again) Anyway, Christmas was good. It was nice having my parents come up and spend it with us. And it was fun being with Jaron's family on Christmas eve. I'll have to steal some pictures from my mother-in-law of those nights festivities. We played "The Bag Game" Way fun, so stinking cute!! Pictures will only do this game justice. So you'll have to wait for now. Anyway, there were some fun times. Hopefully that was 50/50, and your at least leaving with a smile on your face. Hopefully.......:)
After telling my sister that I have been struggling she told me I should still blog, just make sure it's 50/50. 50 Sawyer and 50 Gavin. Here is Sawyer's half....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh Michelle, my heart still aches for you. I hope that you have many good weeks ahead. Your little Sawyer guy is absolutely adorable!!!
I love that little Halloween costume! He's so cute! You know Michelle, Gavin is going to smile down at you every time that blasted toy drives you nuts! HAHA! When Sawyer out grows it, feel free to pass it along to the next unsuspecting mother and son! I love you.
I also spent Christmas thinking a lot about big brother Gavin and how much fun he would have had opening presents and 'helping' Sawyer open his. It's hard to believe it has been a year and a half! I'm glad you had your family here to help build a snowman for Gavin. I am the saddest when I visit his grave and avoid going there some times. I find so much more comfort in thinking about him alive and busily engaged in his current mission and knowing he is safe and all is in Heavenly Father's control. What a blessing it is that you have been 'filling your lamp with oil' thru the years, so your faith in the resurrection & atonement of our Savior is strong, and not only are you able to endure, but you are able to laugh, love, and find joy in this life.... even thru the VERY hard times. Love you, Mom Larsen
I loved this blog, Michelle. Yes, you did a great 50/50. I loved seeing you smile and laugh and I can feel how hard you are trying to smile through your tears. A year ago, I thought you needed to move on. Now I know what you're gong through and you don't move on, you just learn to live with it. Keep smiling, laughing and making others smile and laugh. It's really healthy and I'll bet it makes Gavin smile too.
I haven't been blogging really either, mainly for what you posted. I don't really know anyone who reads my blog, though, so I don't know why I hesitate. And my blog was intentionally set up for a place to put all these hurting feelings. But I just feel like the world is tired of hearing about it.
I thought about you guys at Christmas. How it would be great for Sawyer to have Christmas with you, but hard without Gavin. Bridget and Gavin were born close together, so though they died at different times, I think I connect a little with you guys because our kids are about the same age. And because I've met you in person. And because it was such a "fluke" thing that no one can give an answer for... well, anyway. Thanks for blogging.
I honestly don't mind if I tear up or laugh when I read. I know that we are human, and it is part of God's plan to taste the bitter so that we may know to prize the good (see Moses 6:55). It's all *meant* to be this way, even though laughter definitely makes you feel much more comfortable.
Well, anyway, I'm glad you got through Christmas and the New Year, and I hope you make it through all the difficult days of this year, and enjoy more of your contagious laughter along the way as well. You seem to have so many people in your life who love you and support you, and I am sure they don't mind if you need to rely on them a little more along the way.
Take care. Your little Sawyer is just such a cute guy, and I know you feel anxiety for him, and grief for Gavin, and at the same time very blessed to be the mommy of two wonderful boys. I hope to raise Bridget and Dominic with you as a neighbor in the millenium (or however it works), and I'm glad to have you as "neighbor" for now, too.
That was a good 50/50 I'd have to say.
The holidays have to be hard when you have your Gavibear gone. I can only imagine. My heart just aches for you.
I imagine that Gavin is happy when you are happy and he wants you to be happy. He probably doesn't enjoy when you are sad, but I know it's not easy to be happy all the time.
I'm glad to see you had some fun despite the sad feelings. Your fun attitude, smile and laughter make everyone around you happy.
Your little Soybean is so cute!
Thinking of you. Let me know if I can do anything to help you, love ya!
I think you guys were drinking something 'spicy' on New Year's Eve!
I laughed out loud reading about and looking at the picture of your rock band. Also love sawyer in his bunny costume.
I enjoy reading your blogs happy or sad. I think about Gavin all the time. I appreciate you being so willing to share your feelings because I have similar feelings and pain so often.
This is a great promise to you. I promise the Lord doesn't lie. It will be. Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Hold on for that day.
That Sawyer is so darling! Love the bunny costume!
Post a Comment