Saturday, April 25, 2009

You'll notice, I SHOULD be studying

My hardest final is on Monday, and I should be studying....but I am finding reasons to not study. Like messing around with my blog!!! I put some new songs on that I love. (Replace "she" with "he" in all of the songs, that's what I do!!) I figured out how to put Gavin's Picture and attach a site to it by clicking on his picture. And then just to procrastinate a little bit longer, I am going to put the poem I talked about in an earlier post on here.

As I said before, my sister-in-law Ralae wrote this poem. (Correct me if I am wrong Ralae) She wrote it on their drive down from Arizona to Utah, after Gavin had passed away. I imagine it was a long drive. She wrote the poem and then decided not to give it to me, I am not sure why. But our friend Aimee read the poem and encouraged Ralae that she should, so she did. And I loved it. Obviously, as I have it on his headstone, and I carry that phrase on my wrist everyday on my green band. So here it is.........

Trailing clouds of glory, from Heaven he did come,
A precious little baby, I tenderly called my son.
Eyes of blue, and hair of gold, gentle hands so small,
I dreamed of what he would come to be when he would grow tall.
My eyes are wet, my arms still ache to hold my baby more,
Upon my knees in fervent prayer, my words to Heaven soar....,
Then, a peace encircles me, that can only come from up above.
My little boy is safe and sound wrapped in the arms of my Savior's Love.
"Mommy, Daddy, I'm okay and I'm wathcing over you....
I'm waiting here, with open arms, and Jesus is too.
I see your tears, but please know this, I'm in a better place,
Where angles sing and music rings...... I wait at Heaven's Gates."

By Ralae McAvoy
Aug 2008

Lovely.

12 comments:

bugnose7 said...

That is such a comforting poem. It makes me feel so peaceful.

jessi said...

I love the poem! It is so beautiful

jel-gar said...

Thanks for sharing that beautiful poem. The words are so sweet and you know that the spirit and Gavin helped her to write that. Good luck studying for you're tests. I bet you did awesome this semester! I'm thinking of you and praying for you. - Janelle

Crystal said...

Reading that poem gives me the chills. I really like that saying that he'll be waiting for you at Heaven's Gates. Thanks for sharing it and GOOD LUCK WITH FINALS!

Crystal said...

The poem gave me the chills reading it. I love that saying that he will be waiting at Heaven's Gates for you. Thanks for sharing it and GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FINALS!

Ralae said...

Michelle,
I love the song you posted. I have heard it before and loved it then, but especially now. I actually wrote most of the poem while I was looking at all of those cute pictures of Gavin that I put in your scrapbook. I was thinking about words to include in the poem on the drive up, but it actually came together while I was scrapbooking. I guess the reason why I almost didn't give it to you is because I didn't know what words would be sufficient to offer some kind of peace to you and Jaron. Because I have never suffered as you have suffered, I didn't want my poem to cause more hurt. But, I prayed before I wrote it, and I'm glad that it helped you in some degree to ease a little of the pain. It wasn't me who wrote it, Heavenly Father directed me in stringing the words together. I can't take credit. But, I believe every word of it. I love you!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing. I love "I wait at Heaven's Gates." Just lovely! Sending my thoughts and love your way. Good luck on your finals.
Love,
Andrea

plaidspolitics said...

Should. That's a funny word when you are grieving.

What a sweet and tender poem, too.

And also, I am working with Heather to get the slideshow done for the Walk. I am guessing you were planning to go? I am not seeing a picture of Gavin submitted. I know it's past the deadline, but since I'm working on it still, if you can get it in within the next day or two we can still get Gavin's picture in. Hopefully I'm not bugging you to bring this up.

Meredith said...

The poem is beautiful.

Saratoga Six said...

Whoa, I should stop by here more often, so many lovely updates! Gavin is such a cutie. I love that he could sign so well. What an amazing mother you are.

justin said...

That is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing it.

Good luck with finals!

Steph said...

I decided to check your blog after having not seen it in awhile and was so happy to read this poem. I long to hold Dylan. It was really sweet. Thanks for sharing.