Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Story

So the last couple of days have been stressful for me. I haven't slept much. On Sunday I found out that I had been exposed to fifths disease over thanksgiving. Well, the only thing that I knew about it is that it was no big deal for anybody else.......unless you were pregnant. Great. We did some research and found out that it's only a problem in 5% of cases. Basically the baby dies of severe anemia. We all know that me and food have not had a very good relationship over the last 2 1/2 months, so I'm pretty sure I don't have any extra Iron to pass on. And we all know that the odds don't usually work well for us. (Who knows of another 14 mo, perfectly healthy, go to sleep and not wake up, in 25 minutes???) So of course I was freaking out. Most people told me not to worry, but how could I not? So I did. I worried. I had a blood test done on Monday to see if I had a previous immunity to it. (If there was a previous exposure there was nothing to worry about.) And then the next two nights I hardly slept, and when I did, I woke up with nightmares, some really crazy nightmares. Well I am happy to report that we got the results this morning and I had a previous immunity. YEAH!!! What a relief. I started to cry when the nurse told me. She seemed to understand. She put her arm around me and said "it's good news". And I just said thank you. Then they tried to find the heartbeat to reassure me that all was well. She couldn't find it. But that was okay too, because then Dr. Jones came in and did an ultrasound to find the heartbeat, so we got an extra picture of JJ. She was pretty quite in there. Such a change from Gavin (another reason it's a girl). JJ just sat there and let them ultrasound. After the Doctor poked around for awhile she moved a little bit. Rolled over. But not the somersaults that Gavin enjoyed doing in the womb. Looks like we MIGHT have a calmer child. Dang it. The only thing that I hope for is that she is a cuddle bug like Gavin was. I love cuddly babies. So here is the ultrasound. You can see the head (the large thing) and an arm and a leg. (the leg is the white spot opposite the head. And the arm is the white spot perpendicular to the head.) So every thing is good. YEAH!!!! Now maybe I'll sleep tonight. Hopefully all the crazy nightmares will stop.

12 comments:

Meredith said...

Pregnancy can be such a scary time...I just cringe whenever I hear about complications. How can you not worry? Anyway, it sounds like you doctor is really great! I am really excited to find out if you are having a girl for sure....I guess that I will just have to hold out until January. sigh. :)
I'm glad to hear that your baby is ok!!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

is the "she" official?
I am sorry you had such a bad week, I need to visit more, to get your mind off worry.

Kristy E.B. said...

Michelle, so glad everything is okay with your baby! How scary for you! I hope you get some more rest!

Lisa said...

Find Joy in the journey. I hope you find peace and Im so thankful that you didn't have any complications.

Ralae said...

I'm glad that everything is working out. Your ultrasound pic. is a lot clearer than mine. She looks cute. I think I'm having a girl too... I also thought Joshua was a girl, remember??? Maybe I'll have a Mercedes and you'll have a (what's another good girl name...Ummmm...) Jasmine, Jorja (Georgia), or a Juliette (all start with a J because of JJ). HAHA!

jessi said...

I'm sorry, I HATE being pregnant....but I love the end result! I am glad JJ is doing good. I need to bring you your Christmas present, when is a good time for you? Also, are you staying up here for Christmas, or going to AZ?

Amber said...

Oh, I am so very thankful that everything is ok. To think how fragil these little ones are, and what a miracle it is to be able to have the power to create another little body inside yours is amazing. We pray for you often. If you need anything, let us know. Hopefully the "she" will be a reality come time to find out. I'm sure it is though, since when I had both Sabrina and Nessie I was sicker than a dog for 90% of it, then with Isaac, I had a fly by easy pregnancy. SO maybe you will have a girl this time. The girls wern't as active as Isaac was either, and both of them are super cuddly still!! We will be keeping our fingers crossed!! Love you guys!!

The Lowder Family said...

it was so nice to meet you 2 last night at our little VIP group......I hope that the dinner didnt make you too sick ;) I also hope that you didnt throw up on heathers lawn....she did tell me that she cleaned the tiolets really well just for you!

Steph said...

I am with you on this. Go to the doctor for any reason! Peace of mind is all we can have now. It was good to meet you guys last night. Gavin is so adorable!

Sarah said...

Wow, I am so glad that everything turned out okay. How scary! You definately didn't need that kind of scare. Hopefully you can get some rest now.

janalee said...

Oh, my heart is pounding- I am so glad you and your little one are okay. :)

Saratoga Six said...

What a relief! You deserve a break woman! I'm really hoping the sickness passes soon for you. Glad they could find you already had an immunity too.