Thursday, July 3, 2008

Alaska is to Salmon as Jaron is to Tantalizing!!!

Jaron had the opportunity to go fishing in ALASKA with his Dad and brothers (Dalin and Tyler) and his Uncle Russ and Cousin Jacob. (Really Jaron should be writing this all, but he is at work. He'll just have to update later!) They had an awsome time. I've put a few of his pictures on here. This is the Airport. They had to show up 3 hours early because of the lines and crowds, It was a mess!! (Just kidding! Look how tiny it is!!) Jaron said it had on terminal and gate. You checked in, did security and picked up your luggage all in the same place. TALK ABOUT SMALL!!!

This is where they all stayed in this "lodge" I guess it only had four rooms and the lady that owns it would cook them breakfast and dinner every night. They also had a nine hole golf course there. They spent all their time fishing that they never got the oppurtunity to use it, but it was there. (Jaron said that the oldest pair of golf clubs he has seen were the clubs you were suppose to use)

I thought that this was a beautiful picture of the mountain and the bay. It made me jealous that I wasn't there!!! (Look how green it is!!!)Jaron siad that there were a ton of Bald eagles there. Apparently they like the dock
Jaron with his halibut!! Those are some ugly fish! White on one side and brown on the other. And their eyes are on one side umlike other fish that have eyes on either side.

Jaron's Dad, Uncle Russ, and Jaron realed this monster in. I think it was 150 lbs????

I think the final count was 500 lbs of Halibut and 90 lbs of Salmon. Not bad, huh????? And Jaron is dang cute in his fishing gear!!! Tantalizing even!!!!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

That looks soooo cool! I wish I could do something like that. I know Will wants to as well. We may just take all the kids and go after Will graduates. I hope you all like fish, cause I can guess the menu for the next few months....um....FISH?? Enjoy!

Ralae said...

Michelle! Those are some good pictures! I'm excited to see both of you--yes, Jaron, I am really excited to see you too. So, did you hear we may be going to Utah for a visit? Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures but we couldn't help but laugh when we saw the picture with all the guys in front of the lodge--would it kill the Larsen men to crack a smile?!!!
-W & K Atkinson

Amber said...

I love the cute new blog layout! I love reading about how you guys are doing. Hope you had a good fourth! Love You guys!