Sawyer did great this Halloween. He picked up pretty quickly that all he had to do was walk up to a house say "tick or teat" and people would put candy in his bag!! Leave a nice little "Tank", and onto the next house!! That went on for a couple of house, until some thing pretty nifty happened, a lady actually let him pick out of the bucket, and lo and behold there was a sucker!!! Sawyer quickly nabbed that baby, (as suckers are a weakness of his). SWEET!! At the next house he sends out his normal "tick or teat" and the lady hands him some playdough, Sawyer being the angel that he is, with all the kindness in his heart threw it back to the lady and sweetly demanded in a loud voice (so she could hear I'm sure) "Sucker". And from that house on it went something like this "Tick or teat...SUCKER!!" I have such a polite child. I'm the parent that, as soon as the door closes, they say something to the effect of "Man she needs to teach her kids some manners." Well, at least he said thank you.....I guess.
Here's the family. I'm part of "Chief Little Bears" tribe. Jaron and Sawyer are Cowboys
Chasey Mac and Sawyer before the great adventure began
Bear in his Indian headdress. (eehhhmmmm......that I made:))
And so the journey begins. This didn't last long. At the first semi-scary house he demanded that he be carried. It was really cute when he would say "I scare me". aka. That's scary
Bear bear and me waiting for Soybenator and Daddy-o
This is probably when sawyer was explaining to the lady that "you don't give out playdough at Halloween, only SUCKERS!!!!!" --- kidding.
It was a great time. Holidays are so much more fun when you are seeing them through the eyes of your children. It's like being a kid again. Remember how fun that was? Actually I think it may even be more fun being the parent and watching your children enjoy the holidays. If Halloween was this fun what is Christmas going to be like this year??!??!?!!! I can't wait!!!
5 comments:
He's so STINKING CAAAUUUTTTEEE!!! Gosh, I miss them both! Love you guys!
I love your costumes! You gotta love the honesty of kids.
Yes, there is magic when we do things with the eyes of our children. We see all their innocence and joy -- emotions multiplied a hundred times.
Cute costumes!
Holidays are much funner with kids, that's for sure!
I love the Halloween story, hilarious!
Kids figure out this halloween thing fast.
Post a Comment